Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa -transfer request

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leeds want him on loan too! Enquired about 2 weeks ago according to my Leeds source!

Is your Leeds ' source' just a Leeds fan by any chance? They love to link themselves to anyone and everyone and think they're signing every player going...

Edit - a quick Twitter search suggests transfer live accounts are at the forefront of this rumour and it also was a rumour over a year again for them.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Is your Leeds ' source' just a Leeds fan by any chance? They love to link themselves to anyone and everyone and think they're signing every player going...

Edit - a quick Twitter search suggests transfer live accounts are at the forefront of this rumour and it also was a rumour over a year again for them.

He is indeed a Leeds fan......BUT He works for the club!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is on £40k pw.

That probably wouldn't be a huge issue. It's only for 6 months and a lot of loans have % deals. I'd imagine Murray is on only slightly less than that and we may not be paying all of that...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He is indeed a Leeds fan......BUT He works for the club!

They're a special breed though - I'd imagine he's read that rumour on tinternet rather than hearing it from someone in authority at Leeds. If he went there when they're looking like our main challenger, I'd be so annoyed!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They're a special breed though - I'd imagine he's read that rumour on tinternet rather than hearing it from someone in authority at Leeds. If he went there when they're looking like our main challenger, I'd be so annoyed!

I can't tell you what role he has but he is in a position of responsibility and mentioned it to me...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can't tell you what role he has but he is in a position of responsibility and mentioned it to me...

Lets hope it doesn't happen then..! He and Wood wouldn't work up tops bit like he and Murray probably wouldn't though.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Lets hope it doesn't happen then..! He and Wood wouldn't work up tops bit like he and Murray probably wouldn't though.

I did point out that if we were offering the same deal...They would have NO chance... Champions of Europe or not! He laughed!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was exactly my thoughts too - it's not a stupid idea... And we do know he loves the club and we are always going to stand a better chance with former players. Plus we were rumoured to have interest last season weren't we....?

Not the type of striker we're after if we're looking for Baldock competition but he'd be too good a option to turn down if we did have the chance to sign him on loan...

To Simsters point, I wouldn't have him for all the points you make.

But if he ended up somewhere muggy, like Leeds, not signing Leo would be a huge opportunity missed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I did point out that if we were offering the same deal...They would have NO chance... Champions of Europe or not! He laughed!

He definitely seems to really hold BHA in a special place so we'd surely have the edge. People were moaning a few years back about all the ex-players threads that were appearing but it's pretty much a fact that a player is more likely to go back to a former club than a random one - if they liked the club and left on good terms. Bobby and Sidwell recent examples as are Hammond, Benno from the seasons before.... And Crofty.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
He definitely seems to really hold BHA in a special place so we'd surely have the edge. People were moaning a few years back about all the ex-players threads that were appearing but it's pretty much a fact that a player is more likely to go back to a former club than a random one - if they liked the club and left on good terms. Bobby and Sidwell recent examples as are Hammond, Benno from the seasons before.... And Crofty.

I would imagine he would love to come back here.... He still has a place down here I believe... We would definitely be red hot favourites if all things were equal...Not sure he is the type of striker we need though, we need more of a number 10.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
That probably wouldn't be a huge issue. It's only for 6 months and a lot of loans have % deals. I'd imagine Murray is on only slightly less than that and we may not be paying all of that...

Murray is on around that and we are paying all of it

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't get this similar to Murray issue. What's so wrong with plsying two big physical strikers? We have good wingers putting in quality crosses, why not put two big attackers in the box.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Murray is on around that and we are paying all of it

That doesn't surprise me one bit. And it's been worth every penny even though we have been picking up BMouth's poorly thought out, disgustingly high premier league contract. I imagine this is / will be a stumbling block when we try to sign him permanantly. Stupid Bournemouth.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't get this similar to Murray issue. What's so wrong with plsying two big physical strikers? We have good wingers putting in quality crosses, why not put two big attackers in the box.

Sometimes it can work - Hemed & Murray worked very well for one or two games this year as did Bob & Hemed last season. But more often it looks static and lacks pace and is painfully slow to build up attacks. Just my opinion like...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
He wants to leave to play more regularly so I can't see a move back here would be attractive given that he would be 1 of 3 for a starting place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here