Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Packers will beat Dallas.

Rodgers is in the top few most trustworthy QBs in finals.

I hope so. The Packers are my 2nd team since 1995 after the Browns went walkabout & then came back....

As convert says, they HAVE to stop the run - something they did very well against the NYG....but the Dallas backfield is a very different proposition to the G-Men. Even if they stop Zeke, they have Alfred Morris who is a decent RB himself. I worry more about the pass D for GB tbh as its been a bit of a weak spot for a while (Clinton Dix aside). If Dak has the time to pass he could have a decent game. With that monster O-Line in front of them, it could be a long day for Green Bay.

That said, with Rodgers in charge you can NEVER count them out. I didn't think there was a way back into the game last weekend, but he stayed cool as a cucumber & we all know what happened. With his ability to create a bit of magic each game, you know they are in with a chance. I'd feel happier if it had been at Lambeau tho! With Adams finally finding his hands this season too, you would expect him & Cobb to step up again and have big games. I doubt Jordy will be back - but keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aaron Rodgers: Top 10 Plays of 2016

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2016-elite-performers/0ap3000000772707/Aaron-Rodgers-Top-10-Plays-of-2016[/video]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Another franchise on the move...San Diego Chargers heading to the colluseum in LA!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Cowboy's to win the Superbowl... You heard it here first!

The Cowboys form has been exceptional this season, a win is almost guaranteed. The only thing that's remotely interesting is who is going to win the AFC, pats are the favorites but I think the Chiefs on a good day could take them if they get past the Steelers. Alex Smith is a very clutch QB though so its hard to tell.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
What a performance by Falcons, surely people will stop writing us off now!! Matt ryan critics silenced, MVP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
73a21b6f00df3ca958e1fd3ed8aa943e.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a performance by Falcons, surely people will stop writing us off now!! Matt ryan critics silenced, MVP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK then what happens if you switch Rodgers and Matty Ice?
Or Brady and Ice?

Give Rodgers all the weapons Ryan has had at his disposal the Falcons aren't finishing with a mediocre 11-5.
The Packers wouldn't even be close to the play offs with Ryan at the helm.

The Falcons have been the best offensive team but Ryan isn't the Most Valuable Player.

Woop woop - The Cowboys v Packers game is 'free' on Skysports mix, tonight.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well, another season over for the Texans. They gave it a go but ultimately came up short with quality in the QB/Offence.

They've had some very good offensive players in the past (Andre Johnson, Arian Foster) and Hopkins is decent, but they've always been a decent QB away from really threatening.

The Brock O gamble hasn't paid off at all. Time for some soul-searching. O'Brien should stay, but a change in the management needs to happen.

The Texans D is as good as anyone else out there...and all this without one of the greatest defensive players in JJ Watt.

6.5/10 - a decent showing in a poor division by winning a few clutch games, but still a long way off the Championship, let alone a home Superbowl.

Bring on the draft!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
The Falcons were very impressive; the NFC Championship game will be fascinating. Slightly off-topic, has there ever been a worse presenter than the one on Sky Sports NFL?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here