Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well seeing as we have some selfish fans I thought I would offer MY selfish solution - I demand a change to LP system - I went last night but do not want the points as for me it was a geographic home game (live 10 miles from AFCB) BUT as a "really" loyal ST holder that travels to all home games, I think distance travelled in my situation should be considered in accruing LPs.

Clearly, I am pisshing about but what really is so disappointing in regards the attendance is that the team did not get the full support that it might have had and other supporters missed out.
Yes, but then the sneaky deviants will just register their addresses at a friend or relative who lives far away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Problem here is that, with away games in big demand, we are creating an elite group of travelling fans.

In 2017, a crack supporting unit was sent to Bournemouth by a football club for a game they didn't want to watch. These fans promptly escaped from the Vitality Stadium to the Bournemouth underground. Today, still wanted by Paul Barber they survive as supporters of fortune. If you have an away end to fill, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire the elite group of travelling fans."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Waterboarding?

Hmmm, no because you get the confession too quickly and we need to eek the drama out. If club threatens to shoot them instead it opens up the whole dynamic of will they won't they which can be terribly exciting and far more entertaining. Could even lead to betting opportunities and a whole new revenue stream. So whilst I'm not saying yours is a bad idea, I just don't think you've thought it through entirely.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But I can generalise because the reason someone can't get a ticket is there in black and white - they either haven't held a season ticket for very long or they haven't been to many away games. There is no room for debate. It's not open to interpretation. If they haven't done enough to put themselves near the top of the pile over the last few years they can't moan about it now we're in the big league.

I have neither had a ST for 2 or 3 years nor put the miles in to gain LPs. But when I do venture back to the UK in the next year or two I will move heaven and highwater if need be to get a ticket for a game, if someone 'more deserving' misses out then I will have to live with myself. If people can find a way around the system they will, those angered by it are those who didn't think of it first or who are higher up the pecking order anyway.

Human nature huh? :shrug:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Its the premier league for god sake so demand for tickets is going to skyrocket but there is limited supply so what ever way you do it people are going to moan and whinge! Demand will always outstrip supply! I bet if every ground seated 100,000 and the away allocation was 30,000 you would still get people moaning it wasn't fair and couldn't get a ticket. I wonder how many of the whingers go to every home game? Surely that's where the club needs your support and there are tickets available if your quick off the mark!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The problem (I think is) that loyalty points are too simply applied.

The Bournemouth game should not have added to anyone's ability to buy a Premier League ticket. Use it as an opportunity to push people up the season ticket waiting list.

In that that sense should be general sale.

I'd personally be happy for say a hundred tickets for all Premier League away games to go on general sale to non season ticket holders. Then season ticket holders and back on general sale of any available.

.. and I say that as a season ticket holder.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In 2017, a crack supporting unit was sent to Bournemouth by a football club for a game they didn't want to watch. These fans promptly escaped from the Vitality Stadium to the Bournemouth underground. Today, still wanted by Paul Barber they survive as supporters of fortune. If you have an away end to fill, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire the elite group of travelling fans."

Known as The Away Team.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I hope they don't penalize the fans I saw with flags out the windows on the M27 yesterday with 2 flat tyres. This club is becoming like an old womens whingers club. If you want tickets for any game this year, you will get them. If you had made effort to go last night you could have picked up tickets even walking through park before game. This club is turning into a joke.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think every time you buy a ticket, you should have a varying number of points deducted from your loyalty points from Season ticket. So anyone purchasing a Leicester ticket on the first day of sales with enough points, would lose 2 points, anyone buying on the second day would lose 1 point, third day 0 points, any remaining tickets sold after then providing + points of 5 or so.
Arsenal Tickets start off at minus 10, then 5, then 0, + points for anyone buying on the fourth day if any are left, or something along these lines.

So, if you start off the season with the most points of any fan, and really wanted to go to Leicester away, no problem, you are top of the queue, but you would lose points by using your points privilege, if it bothers you less, you wait and hope there are still some left when they hit plus points, or half it and go second day.
In this way, supporters who really want to go to a particular game and have enough points can do, but it deters buying up tickets on the first day if they dont really fancy it and gives others a better chance.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So you didn't find out when you could get tickets and didn't make sure you were poised to buy them when they went on sale. Then you didn't check for returns or if anyone had a spare, so you didn't get a ticket.

Then instead of just feeling dissappointed and waiting for the next opportunity to buy an away ticket and be better prepared you decided to moan about others who bought tickets.

Try harder next time and if you don't get one never mind there will be other games.

Lots of speculative nonsense there.

I have over 400 points, if I wanted to (and felt like being a bit of a dick head) I could have purchased the tickets and just chanced whether we'd be able to go or not. The decision was out of our hands re. work.

I left it in order to let those who could definitively attend take up the tickets first. Of course I was aware they'd be some twats buying them up for points, but not to the embarassing levels revealed.

People have said tickets were appearing and I checked quite a number of times but I don't have all day to keep refreshing the page. The one and only time I could buy, it was a single ticket only.

If 'try harder' means to buy without intent and/or regardless of circumstance then I think I'll pass.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I hope they don't penalize the fans I saw with flags out the windows on the M27 yesterday with 2 flat tyres. This club is becoming like an old womens whingers club. If you want tickets for any game this year, you will get them. If you had made effort to go last night you could have picked up tickets even walking through park before game. This club is turning into a joke.

No such luck for a few I saw asking for tickets on Friday. It's quite a long way with a potential overnight to chance 2 tickets being sold at the ground.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I think every time you buy a ticket, you should have a varying number of points deducted from your loyalty points from Season ticket. So anyone purchasing a Leicester ticket on the first day of sales with enough points, would lose 2 points, anyone buying on the second day would lose 1 point, third day 0 points, any remaining tickets sold after then providing + points of 5 or so.
Arsenal Tickets start off at minus 10, then 5, then 0, + points for anyone buying on the fourth day if any are left, or something along these lines.

So, if you start off the season with the most points of any fan, and really wanted to go to Leicester away, no problem, you are top of the queue, but you would lose points by using your points privilege, if it bothers you less, you wait and hope there are still some left when they hit plus points, or half it and go second day.
In this way, supporters who really want to go to a particular game and have enough points can do, but it deters buying up tickets on the first day if they dont really fancy it and gives others a better chance.

This is surely a wind up. Not going to bite.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Just do your research. I have been to many games in the home end as not purchased tickets prior. Not just with the Albion, but cricket, boxing, golf and concerts. If you want a ticket, you will find one. Might have to start my own online site www.bedwetters.co.uk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I have reread your suggestion a couple of times and for the life of me don't see the purpose.
The club want to reward the loyalty of the regular away supporters. Your scheme seems to
do the opposite.
Maybe you were joking I guess.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I have neither had a ST for 2 or 3 years nor put the miles in to gain LPs. But when I do venture back to the UK in the next year or two I will move heaven and highwater if need be to get a ticket for a game, if someone 'more deserving' misses out then I will have to live with myself. If people can find a way around the system they will, those angered by it are those who didn't think of it first or who are higher up the pecking order anyway.

Human nature huh? :shrug:

A career in promoting tax avoidance schemes to comedians and American corporates awaits. If that doesn't appeal, how about advising construction companies how to save a few pounds by avoiding Health and Safety legislation? I'm sure you could "find a way to live with yourself".

There are another whole group of people you've missed out who may get "angered" by people who abuse the system - those whose ethics are different to shrugging and saying "human nature, eh?".

You're right, of course. There are people who will adopt precisely the same course of action as the one you promote. It is indeed the "human nature" - of some, not all.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Over the numerous threads covering this subject I'm extremely impressed with the volume of people who say they would of liked to have gone to a reserve team 3rd round league game on a Tuesday night, working on an exit poll style calculation I recon we could have taken 3k to Dean Court.....

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didn't want to go to Bournemouth AND I didn't buy a ticket.

I must be due some sort of recognition by the Club, shurely.........

After watching two disappointing evenings with initially leaving the ground thinking i dont know why i bother sometimes i think you might be right about some sort of recognition.
Saying that your non attendance has left you deficient in the visual awareness that the bottoms of girls in Bournemouth seem to be expanding at an alarming rate.
You cant put a price on that sort of hands on information.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It seems obvious to me.

s29397.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here