Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you expecting us to sign the strikers we need by the time the window slams shut?

Are you expecting us to have signed the strikers we need by the time the window shuts

• Total voters

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Club need to be honest about Murray. Just a knock. Happy if we get one. If out. We need 2. It's the difference between prem and championship football next year.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'm going to pessimistic and say no. That or we'll bring in one or two duds. We don't have a good track record of bringing in strikers. Most of, if not all, our last minute additions have been total flops.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
The problem with the word Quality, is that it is very subjective. Some people might think a player is quality, but then if he doesn't perform well for us, then he's no longer quality.

A bigger problem with the word "quality" is that without qualification it's pretty meaningless. Any player we get in will have "quality" by definition. The more important question is whether he is high quality or low quality, excellent quality or mediocre quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A bigger problem with the word "quality" is that without qualification it's pretty meaningless. Any player we get in will have "quality" by definition. The more important question is whether he is high quality or low quality, excellent quality or mediocre quality...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't matter because after a couple of games, 20% of Nsc will decide he is rubbish and we shouldn't have wasted money.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect we'll get Niasse. They went him out and as we get close to the deadline I'm sure a compromise will be found. Wouldn't surprise me if we're in a chain for another striker, waiting for someone to sign a replacement first and I suspect we'll have a few back up plans if it doesn't work out.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I don't think so, I think that the player budget is spent now and that we will work with what we have until the January window, I don't see much happening then either to be honest.
We are going to reply on the midfield scoring goals this season, along with whatever strikers we have.
TB would have been encouraged by the performance against Watford, minus any goals though and expect it to be repeated all season.
I could be wrong though.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I don't think so, I think that the player budget is spent now and that we will work with what we have until the January window, I don't see much happening then either to be honest.
We are going to reply on the midfield scoring goals this season, along with whatever strikers we have.
TB would have been encouraged by the performance against Watford, minus any goals though and expect it to be repeated all season.
I could be wrong though.

Still got the unspent Dwamema money.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm normally an optimist about signings but I think we'll get one and it won't be a good match. I think we'll survive, JUST. Striker is just such a blank for our club over the years. Not dreadful just not up to other positions

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I predict the club will underwhelm us, there maybe a token rest if season loan, we will get relegated and my biggest fear is that whilst Mr Bloom owns the club, he doesn't run it!!!!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We haven't managed to do so in the last few years, so don't see us managing to do so now. I do hope I am wrong though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm normally an optimist about signings but I think we'll get one and it won't be a good match. I think we'll survive, JUST. Striker is just such a blank for our club over the years. Not dreadful just not up to other positions

Agree with a lot of this. I'm just a little worried about the player's attitude that we sign. It could work out well although leaving it this late raises the panic buy level.

I think, as well, we'll stay up but it could go to the last game. :eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We haven't managed to do so in the last few years, so don't see us managing to do so now. I do hope I am wrong though.

Other than...

2015-16 Hened, fires Albion to 89 points just missing out on promotion on goal difference.

2016-17 Murray does fire Albion to promotion.

...presumably?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here