Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raphael Dwamena RIP

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you cannot circumvent rules...

Every case is different with regard to signing players and work permits.

With knowledge there are ways of circumventing all rules that is why solicitors are so rich. It appears that Watford got the permits in place etc before the signing and medical we could have done the same, if we knew it was possible and had thought of it. We possibly did but didnt think it important.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least he's come from one of the few countries that makes last nights meal look cheap.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
With knowledge there are ways of circumventing all rules that is why solicitors are so rich. It appears that Watford got the permits in place etc before the signing and medical we could have done the same, if we knew it was possible and had thought of it. We possibly did but didnt think it important.

What if he hadn't then signed or failed his medical (as if that ever happens!!!)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dinner last night at The Salt Room for RD. Soft Drinks and a thumbs up from the lad
Steaks and Red Wine for everyone else. Hope that medical goes ok.

View attachment 88484

What a wonderful photo.

One very young and inexperienced footballer and four leeches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How can you circumvent a work permit? Hire illegal immigrants?

No get them in place prior to signing so as to avoid future delay and be certain that you have got them before spending the money which it appears what Watford have done. Signing a player today, medical today eligible for Saturday. When did we sign Izquierdo and Dwanmena. how long ago and have played a game since then when neither was eligible.,

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Circumvent
to avoid (defeat, failure, unpleasantness, etc.) by artfulness or deception; avoid by anticipating or outwitting:
You can't avoid a work permit.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So teams wouldn't have a delay in permits if they delay the signing. :shrug:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
At least he's come from one of the few countries that makes last nights meal look cheap.

Depends, if he dined out on the river Limmat in Zürich then yes twice the price. But I just flew back from Zürich 2 days ago and while I was there in a nice restaurant called The Hecht, I had a Mixed salad starter, 250g Sirlon with mushroom sauce & veggies, plus 2 large beers and a glass of red for about £40. I bet there's not much difference, even with the Brexit exchange rates.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So teams wouldn't have a delay in permits if they delay the signing. :shrug:

Do this at the agreement of the deal before the medical and signing etc so that when the medical is completed and the deal signed the player could play within hours not days or weeks. If neither was granted the deal is cancelled.

Just an improved way as I see it but not a major concern for all on here to get upset about.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love that BG knows sneaky ways of getting deals over the line quicker and more efficiently. Paul Barber and the recruitment team really should be told.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Do this at the agreement of the deal before the medical and signing etc so that when the medical is completed and the deal signed the player could play within hours not days or weeks. If neither was granted the deal is cancelled.

Just an improved way as I see it but not a major concern for all on here to get upset about.

Other than we can't legally apply for a visa until there is a contract in place and he is shown to be fit for (playing) purpose.............

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

I was under the impression the player can only get a work permit if a medical is passed for the club in question. Or at least the chances of a permit are greater if the player has passed a medical. I could be wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Even if that is legal, it doesn't matter when you do the paperwork, you still have to do the paperwork.

So you either do the paperwork for, say 2 weeks, before the signing or 2 weeks after the signing, it doesn't matter it will ALWAYS be exactly the same amount of time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love that BG knows sneaky ways of getting deals over the line quicker and more efficiently. Paul Barber and the recruitment team really should be told.

I am not saying I do but Watford seem to have shown that it is possible to speed these things up. as it looks like the winger will play against us in 3 days. Izquierdo couldnt play against Barnet as the clearance wasnt there in time even if CH wanted to play him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

What utter rubbish !!

For starters it's a loan... which means the medical isn't as much of an issue.

Secondly, they probably did 'the deal' weeks ago and it's taken till now to get the permit, they've just announced it at a different stage of the proceedings ... they haven't done it any quicker or avoided any paperwork they've just done a majority of it before it's been announced.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here