Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kitchen - advice

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Am in the process of designing a new kitchen. any recommendations of local companies who might be worth considering. I'll obviously try Wicks, B&Q, Ikea but was wondering who else should be considered

Thanks muchly

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Am in the process of designing a new kitchen. any recommendations of local companies who might be worth considering. I'll obviously try Wicks, B&Q, Ikea but was wondering who else should be considered

Thanks muchly

Howdens.....but after first quote ask for another better...can get quote from two branches say Lewes and Newhaven..use one against the other.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Thanks muchly

Howdens if you can buy through someone with a trade account. Some independents like DIY Kitchens on Boundary Road worth a look, I know a few property developers who go there.

Sometimes it's worth getting the carcasses and doors from a supplier, then get worktop / appliances separately.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Use an independent. Avoid B&Q/Wickes etc.

I've used Richard Oxley in Worthing before.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Howdens.....but after first quote ask for another better...can get quote from two branches say Lewes and Newhaven..use one against the other.

Do not use the one in Newhaven, very unhelpful.
The one in Lewes IS very helpful.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Bought and had fitted a Magnet kitchen, plus a Corian worktop, looks great and everyone asks where it came from. They're next to the Lagoon in Hove.

However, like Howdens, make sure you get trade prices.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Howdens are the same as http://www.diy-kitchens.com .

If you have the time, then go to B&Q , Wickes , Howdens etc to get your drawings done, each one may come up with a different / better layout and then go to DIY kitchens and order the same units but cheaper.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Howdens are best as the units are ready put together, if you want a price to have your kitchen fitted get in touch!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

This is true.
Had a kitchen from Howdens in Hove priced & delivered to a customer in Hailsham who lived one minute from the local store.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Howdens. Our builder was the person who assembled the show kitchens for them. Our kitchen looks as
new now as it did 5 years ago.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Just gone with Howdens, new kitchen being started mid Jan

Roughly, what was the package and price.

I've need 6 base units, 6 wall units, a 400mm floor to ceiling plus 2x3m of worktop

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Roughly, what was the package and price.

I've need 6 base units, 6 wall units, a 400mm floor to ceiling plus 2x3m of worktop

Hard to say as the Mrs is dealing with it. It's not cheap but the price includes a range cooker plus other appliances, lots of building work, underfloor heating, new windows and doors etc so can't really give a price

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Try Windmill Kitchens in Burgess Hill , just had one fitted and brilliant quality and the fitter was excellent . Also the fitter is a Brighton fan and the owner sponsors the Albion . A tad more expensive but worth every penny !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here