Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rochdale v Tottenham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great result for the Rochdale, bless them. Did I hear the announcer say 'unfortunately Spuds are about to bring on Harry Kane' (or somesuch)? :lolol:

How many will they (be allowed to) take to Wemberley I wonder?

Apparently they imported the turf from Romania. That won't be allowed, after Brexit. I swear I could see some sand seeping through in patches towards the end, too, which proves my point* :lolol:

*I made and make no point. Nevertheless #prayforthe60%
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...eu-referendum-results-rochdale-leave-11518196

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I dont think that it was an exaggeration as he was taken out by a combination of two players.

I think it’s a massive exaggeration, one of the Rochdale defenders (Rathborne) was nowhere near Ali. If there was contact with McGahey then it was minimal and Ali threw himself to the ground. It was a dive in my book, Ali is beginning to rival Dwayne Dibley in the diving stakes now.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think it’s a massive exaggeration, one of the Rochdale defenders (Rathborne) was nowhere near Ali. If there was contact with McGahey then it was minimal and Ali threw himself to the ground. It was a dive in my book, Ali is beginning to rival Dwayne Dibley in the diving stakes now.

A dive would be a player going down without contact Ali was caught and he may of made a meal out of it, the defender didn’t get anywhere near the ball.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A dive would be a player going down without contact Ali was caught and he may of made a meal out of it, the defender didn’t get anywhere near the ball.

If there was contact it was minimal and certainly not enough to cause the reaction of Ali, therefore still a dive.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What this game shows is that if you have enough belief then you can get something out of the top 6 teams. It might sound wrong but we need to treat all our games as though they are the biggest games of our lives and go for it. Yes I know they did not have Kane or Alli or Dembelle on for 90 mins but we have better players than Rochdale we just need to match the latter's effort and self-belief.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What this game shows is that if you have enough belief then you can get something out of the top 6 teams. It might sound wrong but we need to treat all our games as though they are the biggest games of our lives and go for it. Yes I know they did not have Kane or Alli or Dembelle on for 90 mins but we have better players than Rochdale we just need to match the latter's effort and self-belief.

We can't be faulted for effort.

But against top 6 sides, they all played their best 11. That makes a massive difference. Spuds without 3 top internationals are weakened.

When we took it to Liverpool and Chelsea, they took us apart, with awful goals conceded stats. CH was hamstrung with a slow squad.

Hopefully Locadia and Ulloa have changed all that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But against top 6 sides, they all played their best 11. That makes a massive difference. Spuds without 3 top internationals are weakened.

When we took it to Liverpool and Chelsea, they took us apart, with awful goals conceded stats. CH was hamstrung with a slow squad.

:lol: we are/were so slow Ulloa is seen as an injection of pace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I meant from Locadia. With the PL finishing of Ulloa.

But, I was surprised how mobile Ulloa was yesterday. Memories of him at 0 mph in his first Amex stint, sitting on the turf, moaning to refs about imaginery fouls.

No I agree, Ulloa is faster than what we had before, that's what's so funny.
To think posters are complaining about the team's current league position when in fact this team ought to be propping up t'other Albion.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I'd argue that the heaviness of the Chelsea defeat was a result of individual errors rather than us taking the game to them. We had two decent seen-'em-given penalty shouts and hit the post when 2-0 down before blunders by Duffy and Suttner cost us further goals

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here