Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A plea to the north stand

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Until we have a large pay on the gate terrace there will never be an intimidating/inspiring theatre of noise.

Any drummer entering said zone would be lucky to live past kick off.

5000 refreshed angry young men screaming attack attack attack attack attack, at the top of their voices works.

Spitting pie chunks about whilst sitting down and asking nicely doesn't work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a knicker-wetting 'first world problem' thread. :facepalm:

Hands up, anyone, who thinks anything said on this thread will have any effect on anything tomorrow.

("Crikey, yes, I am jolly well going to sing loudly tomorrow. I never realised that this was allowed or beneficial in any way". FFS)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The general demographic of football and particularly its supporters has changed considerably over the last 30-35 years. For me it's lost a certain something.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The noise makers have all been banned mate. Quiet families with lots of disposable income are the priority these days.

Need to get some true " canethrowers " in there tout suite

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The general demographic of football and particularly its supporters has changed considerably over the last 30-35 years. For me it's lost a certain something.

Is this actually true? Might it depend on where you sit/stand? In the North Stand in the 1960s/70s -my era -there would be a couple of hundred largely teenagers singing, but the rest of the stand was( much) older. Has it really changed that much? I am not disagreeing with you, just that I am not sure it has changed, and if it has, why would it have done?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
But late in the day to realise this might be helpful.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor says hi

[tweet]959707799990210562[/tweet]

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you sit in the home "end" it's your job to crank the singing-up and WSU and SW corner always join in. When I occasionally sit in the NS I notice that there is a large number of people in the middle zone, often older types and lots of women, who don't join in the singing and so the police box crew and the bunch to the east are isolated from each other and sing different songs. Obvious solution; someone in that middle area bring a drum (but use it sparingly). Queue the drum haters, but I'd like to hear any better ideas...

Indeed, a drum may be the only way to bang bang bang their voices together!! Alas.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think it's has, in so far it's a more middle class supporter base as opposed to a traditional working class past time. That is certainly reflected in the cost and complexity of actually attending any games.

I first went in the North stand when I was about 11-12, circa '82. Prior to that I was with Dad/friend in East/South. The North was intimidating and a bit frightening, loud, hostile and occasionally violent. By the time I was 20 I often preferred the East as it was the best place to actually watch the game. . . The centre of the North was generally teens/twenties and yes some older guys on the periphery. The whole of the Goldstone seemed to have areas for certain types of people, and we were free to go where we wanted, that is the biggest difference between then and now I guess.

Is this actually true? Might it depend on where you sit/stand? In the North Stand in the 1960s/70s -my era -there would be a couple of hundred largely teenagers singing, but the rest of the stand was( much) older. Has it really changed that much? I am not disagreeing with you, just that I am not sure it has changed, and if it has, why would it have done?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MAKE SOME SODDING NOISE!!!!

The last couple of home games have been pathetic in terms of fans truly making some real noise and now is the time to stand up and be counted.

The North Stand is 'supposed' to be our loud stand but lately it's been anything but. How about leaving the bars 15 minutes before kick off - get in the stand and do as 'our' song says "So let your voices ring my boys"

As a club, team and fans we have worked incredibly hard to get where we are and now we need to put in some real effort as fans and create an atmosphere to help the team ..... 'our' team stay up.

If the North lead, others will follow.

Do **** off.... we do make noise...just because the rest of the ground is like a fecking library....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here