Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Geeks if you go to www.relive.cc and connect it to your Strava account, you'll get one of these emailed to you soon after uploading:-

https://www.relive.cc/view/639521300

Apparently all attached photos and stuff pop up in situ as well.

Yes [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] I fully accept the fact it's pretty meaningless!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For bizarre reasons that rather portray me as more than a bit of a dipstick, this afternoon I picked up my new winter 'hack':-

WP_20160715_001.jpg

WP_20160715_002.jpg

WP_20160715_003.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What are those weird things around the wheels near the hubs? :shrug:
One too many near misses has me hoping the change will do me good.
There's only so many times I can attempt descents like Duncton, on the wrong side of a damp road, and get away with it.

Geeks if you go to www.relive.cc and connect it to your Strava account, you'll get one of these emailed to you soon after uploading:-

https://www.relive.cc/view/639521300

Apparently all attached photos and stuff pop up in situ as well.

Yes [MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] I fully accept the fact it's pretty meaningless!

Nice 1 Stat, really chuffed when I got the ride through!!

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
For bizarre reasons that rather portray me as more than a bit of a dipstick, this afternoon I picked up my new winter 'hack':-

View attachment 76561

View attachment 76562

View attachment 76563

And what a fine machine it is. I love my 105 drive train, although i know of some people who describe it as 'fishing tackle'!! - yes, I'm sure I did.

Will you be able to fit mudguards? I have to use 23mm tyres on my commuter to be able to fit full sks mudguards using p clips on the forks and seatstays. I'm jealous of your stoppy looking brakes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And what a fine machine it is. I love my 105 drive train, although i know of some people who describe it as 'fishing tackle'!! - yes, I'm sure I did.

Will you be able to fit mudguards? I have to use 23mm tyres on my commuter to be able to fit full sks mudguards using p clips on the forks and seatstays. I'm jealous of your stoppy looking brakes!

Yeah it's got eyelets for mudguards.
There's room for the tyres to go up to 33. (not that they will)
I always felt people on here were far to judgmental about Shimano, I for one am glad I'm not that narrow minded :whistle:

I popped out today, and will be giving it a full ride on Monday, it'll be perfect for winter.
Nice riding position, comfy, and 'solid', but slow.
So after Monday's ride I'll not be seeing it again for 3, hopefully, 4 months.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], Cycle UK offering full length Raleigh 'guards down to £20 at the mo. Might be worth a punt?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], I see Richard has created a BECC night ride route.

Do you know when they're planning to ride it and is it open to all?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hey [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION], I see Richard has created a BECC night ride route.

Do you know when they're planning to ride it and is it open to all?

I would think anyone is welcome. I don't think I can as its my youngest's Bday party at home the following morning:

BECC night ride route has been published. www.strava.com/routes/5633252

This year's ride will commence at 1830 on Sat 23rd July and stop off at a club favourite pub in Newdigate before heading up towards the Surrey hills where we'll tackle Box Hill. From there it's on to Mitcham Common to see if we can see the Ghostly Boy Cyclist before turning and stopping in Croydon where there is a 24/7 McDonalds where a hot drink or junk food can be purchased whilst we await riders meeting us halfway (23-2330pm). From there it's down towards Pease Pottage for stop 3 before tackling some lanes and little inclines before we reach Ditchling Beacon. After that it's all down hill to Brighton where we should be able to see the sun rise behind us over the pier...

Do something amazing this year.. do the Night Ride.

Lights are available from the club with advance notice and more information available on request. Any map/lane advice should be directed to me, Alan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would think anyone is welcome. I don't think I can as its my youngest's Bday party at home the following morning:

This year's ride will commence at 1830 on Sat 23rd July and stop off at a club favourite pub in Newdigate before heading up towards the Surrey hills where we'll tackle Box Hill. From there it's on to Mitcham Common to see if we can see the Ghostly Boy Cyclist before turning and stopping in Croydon where there is a 24/7 McDonalds where a hot drink or junk food can be purchased whilst we await riders meeting us halfway (23-2330pm). From there it's down towards Pease Pottage for stop 3 before tackling some lanes and little inclines before we reach Ditchling Beacon. After that it's all down hill to Brighton where we should be able to see the sun rise behind us over the pier...

Lights are available from the club with advance notice and more information available on request. Any map/lane advice should be directed to me, Alan.

Oh nuts.

A week later and I could have guaranteed it.
I'll have to see if I can juggle things around for this weekend.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh nuts.

A week later and I could have guaranteed it.
I'll have to see if I can juggle things around for this weekend.

We have 2 Richards who are both ST holders, and both happy to talk all things Albion on a bike ride, and they are both very strong riders. Its a nice friendly group all in all. I enjoy the club rides a lot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have 2 Richards who are both ST holders, and both happy to talk all things Albion on a bike ride, and they are both very strong riders. Its a nice friendly group all in all. I enjoy the club rides a lot.
As I've never done a dusk till dawn night ride, it's something I want to tick off.
I should have known the date wouldn't fall directly into my lap!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Boo as I thought I can't juggle my weekend plans for this.
I real shame as I'd have love to have done it, and annoyingly I could go the following weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here