Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#### Highlights ####

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Poor defending for their second ? We can't afford to give goals away like that !

I agree. But would that have happened had we not had a 2 goal lead with 1 min to go - something tells me not. Duffy not been outpaced like that since the Brentford game. Luckily that goal meant nothing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We looked very slow getting back for their 2nd. Poor. Hughton will not be happy with that.

Aspinall picked out several players including, from what I recall, March and Norwood who just gave it up and couldn't be arsed to chase. Not good enough, and I expect Hughton will tell them so.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Stockdale flapping for their 1st goal, Duffy looking quite slow covering for the 2nd.

Not sure how we won really.
Tad harsh. Plenty of effort to defend the first goal - 2 great blocks. It was unlucky that the punch and both blocks rebounded to an attacking player. Agree 2nd goal was sloppy though - switched off for the last few seconds.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There was something wrong with the ball judging by the noise it made when Jiri took the corner for the first goal.

Jimmy Grimble

For the second it looked like Gallagher ran away from Norwood to me (on first viewing on SSN).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree Hughton would have been livid that against 10 men we allowed them to breakaway an score their 2nd, there was a lot wrong with the whole team effort there

D

Deleted member 2719

What a volley by Stephens. To control a volley like that from a falling ball shows great skill. Murray's finish was cool but not in the same league.

I agree, he controlled that go to the exact inch of where he was aiming. Murray's was ok, but he didn't have anyone to beat apart from the keeper.

We looked rather arrogant in a good way when finishing those goals. :O

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yeah, but look how close Hemed got to it being his goal! He found a great bit of space and was inches away from turning it him himself. He'd have loved a goal last night

When I watched it, I thought 'look how close Hemed got to turning it past the right post!'. He would have loved a goal but I'm glad he didn't connect with the ball just then.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Gallagher would be a brilliant signing if we could tempt Southampton to terminate his loan at Blackburn. Tall, pacy, and 9 goals in 20 games for a poor side.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stockdale flapping for their 1st goal, Duffy looking quite slow covering for the 2nd.

Not sure how we won really.

I'm afraid that Stockdale is a bit of a serial flapper. Many will disagree but I believe he is far from the best goalkeeper in the Championship.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I'm afraid that Stockdale is a bit of a serial flapper. .

He really isn't. He's not the most aerially dominant keeper in the world, granted, but 'serial flapper' is ridiculous. Even in this specific example there is absolutely no 'flapping'. He made a clear (probably correct) decision to punch, and he successfully made the punch. He (very clearly) would have wanted to get better distance on it, though.

Newcastle and Reading are probably the only clubs in the division who wouldn't bite your arm off if offered a straight swap of first choice keeper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, many will disagree because it is wrong. But of course he plays no part in our clean sheets and is always to blame for goals. This is why some of us get annoyed with the anti Stockdale agenda.

Stockdale was poor for us in his first season at the club - he acknowledged it, and was rightly criticised for some of his performances. That wasn't an "anti-Stockdale agenda".

Last year he was much improved, and this season he has been SUPERB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here