Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Andy Hill be arrested ?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
He was driving round in his Porshe weeks before any interview with the police. Does he give a shit that he killed 11 people? Lock him up.

D

Deleted User X18H

He was driving round in his Porshe weeks before any interview with the police. Does he give a shit that he killed 11 people? Lock him up.
OMG someone had responded to the original thread instead of having a pop at me.

If what LA1972 states is correct . It is disgraceful.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Indeed. Which car should he have hired so as not to drive his own ?

Well, a Porsche clearly displays that he DOESN'T CARE about killing all those people.
A Honda Jazz conversely might look like he was trying TOO hard to show that he was sorry.

A Mondeo, maybe?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A police car

That's not really for him to decide, is it? He's given his statement, under caution. When they've finished their investigations, we'll see where it takes us.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
My original point is that if you killed 11 people in any other way the police would be waiting in the hospital to arrest/interview you not wait for months until you decide to pop down the station with your lawyer

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
My original point is that if you killed 11 people in any other way the police would be waiting in the hospital to arrest/interview you not wait for months until you decide to pop down the station with your lawyer

Again, whatever else the man is guilty of, he doesn't get to control what the police do, or when they do it, does he?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

There really was no grounds to arrest him as they could secure and preserve evidence by questioning without an arrest being made. He clearly would have been unfit after the crash and has given his account under caution when requested. If he had been arrested all that would be happening is he would be on bail for a substantial period of time. Nothing in reality has changed. The investigation will decide whether he should face criminal charges.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
There really was no grounds to arrest him as they could secure and preserve evidence by questioning without an arrest being made. He clearly would have been unfit after the crash and has given his account under caution when requested. If he had been arrested all that would be happening is he would be on bail for a substantial period of time. Nothing in reality has changed. The investigation will decide whether he should face criminal charges.

Yes, more sensible stuff, I agree. I seem to remember Andy Hills family very quickly releasing a press statement ( while Mr Hill was in a coma ) saying how very, very sorry they were and their hearts go out to victims family and so on. No such statement from Mr Hill though? Surely a statement from him won't effect the investigation in any way,

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't see how sending the guy the guy to prison serves any purpose.

Giving someone a custodial sentence is for three reasons:

Punishment: Don't think any punishment could be harsher than carrying the burden of being to blame for all those deaths.

Rehabilitation: He's never going to be allowed to fly another plane, so this is irrelevent.

Stop offender commiting another crime: Again not applicable in this case.

He ****ed up for sure, but I feel sorry for the bloke if anything. I don't think he deserves to go inside.
By that token then, all those motorists who accidentally killed someone and feel really terrible about it and will live with their guilt for the rest of their lives should be let out of prison, then,

Last edited:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
By that token then, all those motorists who accidentally killed someone and feel really terrible about it and will live with their guilt for the rest of their lives should be let out of prison, then,

No, because that is a detterent to anyone who considers driving dangerously in the future.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
So Hb&b starts a thread about a guy that flew an old aeroplane doing dangerous manoeuvres over a massively busy A road.
And yet people on here have a pop at him, even calling him a prick.
Who's the prick here?

Andy Hill is the prick and a bloody massive one. Tosser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here