Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

all gone quiet on the glenn murray rumour

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If Murray comes I'll then start worrying about which key player will be on their way to Bournemouth in the summer if they stay up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Murray comes I'll then start worrying about which key player will be on their way to Bournemouth in the summer if they stay up.

I'd rather lose a player to Palace than Bournemouth as long as smug Eddie is in charge down there.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
£5m too much maybe, but we are talking a 93 day loan without neccessarily a requirement to buy clause. Bournemouth only paid £4m to buy him outright so if Bournemouth want him off the books for 3m, they would be daft to make it that unattractive to us and I'm sure TB wouldn't spend that much on the exercise. Either way, I doubt we'll hear anything for another 10 days when he could fit our needs.

Just my understanding is that B'muff are making it difficult and that they are asking for a buy clause to be attached to the loan. If that's the case I'm not surprised that we may be hesitating.

WA on the radio last night (might) have suggested that we're looking elsewhere - but it sounded like we are looking.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A buy out clause would not be an issue if we get promoted. Big gamble though. Perhaps there is a better loan option out there?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just my understanding is that B'muff are making it difficult and that they are asking for a buy clause to be attached to the loan. If that's the case I'm not surprised that we may be hesitating.

WA on the radio last night (might) have suggested that we're looking elsewhere - but it sounded like we are looking.

Perhaps we can do a swap clause for Chris O'Grady ? :jester:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

L. Dunk esquire? Seriously that could be a good bit of business by us, just as long as the financial terms are right.

Pure speculation by me incidentally.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I am not quite as convinced as others that he is the best option out there (whilst humbly admitting that I don't know who I'd prefer) but I do know I'd be absolutely ****ing distraught if he ended up on loan at one of Burnley, Weds:lolol: or Derby instead.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd rather lose a player to Palace than Bournemouth as long as smug Eddie is in charge down there.

Yes so would I. To be quite honest I find it difficult to hate Palace the way that many Albion fans do. I look upon the other south coast clubs as rivals, much more than I do that lot from Croydon way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am not quite as convinced as others that he is the best option out there (whilst humbly admitting that I don't know who I'd prefer) but I do know I'd be absolutely ****ing distraught if he ended up on loan at one of Burnley, Weds:lolol: or Derby instead.

He won't - it'll be daily driving distance from Brighton, or he'll just sit back and pocket his Bournemouth wages.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It's anything but a money game, not in the short-term anyway.

Whatever Murray may or may not cost in terms of a loan fee or wages is nothing to Bournemouth with their Premier League riches. If there is the slightest thought that he could help them out, even if he's 7th choice striker, they will hold onto him. There is tens of millions of pounds resting on their Premier League survival.

"Emergency loans" can include a recall clause but only after the first 28 days, so from the day Bournemouth loan him out to someone they have committed to a minimum of 4 weeks without him. If they suffer key injuries during that period, there is nothing they can do until the first 28 days are up.

We want Murray and he wants to come. Neither us nor him have much of a say in this though.
Not strictly true though. Bournemouth certainly don't need the cash but it's going to be a big enough 'egg on face' moment for Howe as it is, loaning out someone he paid 4 million for only 6 months ago. He's more likely to agree to it if the loan fee spares his blushes a bit...especially if there's a permanent transfer clause in there.

I'm sure everything else you say is on the money though, so to speak!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

A buy clause is fine in itself.

What the price is set at would be the real issue for a player who will be approaching 33 in June.

The problem seems to be that Bournemouth significantly overpaid in the summer.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I would love to see Murray back for the remainder of the season as a starting striker.

If we go up I would also like him to stay and be a squad player along with Bobby.

Everytime Bornmuff or Palarse feature on match of the day and he came on as sub he looked a threat.

I generally feel he is the answer at the moment but not long term.

If we are in the Prem next year and he is with us, he would be in a similar position here as he is at the moment but hopefully we would show him a bit of love, he would be happy being local.

I know several people who have left decent jobs to take a step sideways or even a step backwards because it cuts down on their travelling, closer to home and improves their general well being.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Smug has fallen out with Glenn, the pragmatic thing to do would be to get him out the club ASAP. He won't need sulking infecting the dressing room with negativity. I think Smug will let him come to us next week, just a hunch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know several people who have left decent jobs to take a step sideways or even a step backwards because it cuts down on their travelling, closer to home and improves their general well being.

Slightly wishful thinking unfortunately. In his case this is his retirement fund, he maybe has 2 years of decent wages left in him, then what. I'd suggest a 2-3 hour commute would not be a problem if it meant an extra £200k a year...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here