Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your support is ****ing shit!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Love the city and Geordies generally but the club is a mass of contradictions, summed up by that ground, which is a ridiculously unbalanced monument to a sustained absence of vision or forward planning over many, many years. I'd like to see them deliver some sort of success to the fans - a League Cup or something - but of course if it comes to them or us surviving in the PL, then no contest.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yep shit chant. Newcastle fans are top people and very friendly. And the chants of "you're ****ing shit" and "down with the Palace" after 12 minutes!

The Bissouma song was great though.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just been talking to the cells who runs the football memorabilia shop near the ground up here and he said that Ashley has ruined it( as we all know) and Benitez is a dinosaur as far as mangers go who is still riding on the back of that Champions League when Gerrard won it for him.
Likes his buys to play all the games , Perez is the current favourite although he is crap and the bloke doesn't want to go to the games anymore !!
A sad state of affairs and as they all say up here that our man is the man they should never had got rid of !!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Just been talking to the cells who runs the football memorabilia shop near the ground up here and he said that Ashley has ruined it( as we all know) and Benitez is a dinosaur as far as mangers go who is still riding on the back of that Champions League when Gerrard won it for him.
Likes his buys to play all the games , Perez is the current favourite although he is crap and the bloke doesn't want to go to the games anymore !!
A sad state of affairs and as they all say up here that our man is the man they should never had got rid of !!

Should say fella at the top not Cells !!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be fair to their supporters (in general), the cockney wanker has been owner for many years now. Although he has behaved as described in the wikitoon post linked by Carlzeiss, he has spent money, and he hasn't sold SJP to build a Focus DIY. He is clarly going to go only if a buyer steps forward. Correct me if I am wrong but I think they have a very well paid manager who has ben sufficiently persuaded that he can spend moderate amounts (at least on a par with Uddersfild and, ahem, Brighton). Said manager has binned off the likes of Gayle and Mitrovic (players who I have always regarded with a certain amount of envy, especially when Murray was cleary 'past it' at Bournmouth). Said manager is still there though, presumably with an idea there is a tunnel with a light at the end. Said manager now seems to have lost his ability to attract good young talent though.

All that said, if I were a Newcastle fan, I would probably slump along, grouch a bit, and slope off at 88 minutes (well, being me it would be 75 minutes, but I do have a 'long drive'). Booing Rafa's team, waving a 'cockney wanker out' banner, or boycotting games and marching to FW's house with a poet holding a megaphone would probably not be on my 'to do' list.
That's really interesting summary of their position now. And I was with friends from up there yesterday. Very intelligent people in not un influential people and when I asked the question. "Do you think part of the problem might lie with Raffa? ". The response was a resounding " No it's all Ashley's fault ". I too see players who have left who were good players and think " why " And then pay a fortune for The Rondon loan? Mitrovic and Gayle are problematic personalities but good man management should make that solvable. Unless they really were out of control but their new manager s seem to be doing ok with them. Anyhow. I digress. The consensus seems to be that if the lights on Grey Street or the Bigg Market go out then it's Ashley s fault and no one will convince Newcastle folk of anything different.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The fans are good and passionate, When a club wins the Championship, then doesn't celebrate it stating that they shouldn't have been in that league in the first place. Then I think the club becomes instantly unlikeable to me.

Stockdale gave the title away in those last 2 league games.

But because Newcastle won the title, it created a whole load of Newcastle & Benitez haters for life down in Sussex.

For them it's 300 miles apart Derby.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The atmosphere at SJP is insanely overrated. It’s poor. Amex is far better.

The Amex is often pretty dead when we're losing, especially in those matches where the players start half asleep, giving rise to exhaustive NSC threads on the subject.

I'm of the side of the debate that the team's play lifts the crowd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Stockdale gave the title away in those last 2 league games.

But because Newcastle won the title, it created a whole load of Newcastle & Benitez haters for life down in Sussex.

For them it's 300 miles apart Derby.

Can you remind me why Stockdale get's the blame, particularly against Bristol? As for Villa, would have been done and dusted had Baldock scored!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can you remind me why Stockdale get's the blame, particularly against Bristol? As for Villa, would have been done and dusted had Baldock scored!

Norwich and Villa goals.

I wasn't too bothered about the title, getting to the PL meant far more.

Over the season, NUFC beat us home and away, so who could begrudge them the title.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Norwich and Villa goals.

I wasn't too bothered about the title, getting to the PL meant far more.

Over the season, NUFC beat us home and away, so who could begrudge them the title.

Well the last two games were Bristol City and Villa. For the City goal, I would suggest Bong was at serious fault for allowing the cross and for Villa, yes probably should have got it but he had Dunk flying across his line of sight. Wouldn't have mattered if Baldock had scored but didn't even get the shot on target!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here