Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rules of the game

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
And.....

When a defending player shields the ball to let it go out of play without touching it, why isn't that 'ungentlemanly conduct'?
As long as the player has the ball under control it is not a foul. But half the time they are so far from the ball it is not under control and is obstruction. My pet hate of football rules/laws.

theboybilly

As long as the player has the ball under control it is not a foul. But half the time they are so far from the ball it is not under control and is obstruction. My pet hate of football rules/laws.

I've often wondered this myself as often it is just backing into an opposition player (in my eyes anyway) which is just 'obstruction' which, according to BG's 'rules'.......

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Can you have the ball 'under control' if you've never touched it?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I know that but I think that it should be a rule change as it is a now integral part of the game and as such needed a rule about it.

That's your problem right there. Stop thinking and do something useful, like helping your wife to tidy up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's your problem right there. Stop thinking and do something useful, like helping your wife to tidy up.

Is it her birthday today, then? I remember him explaining to us, how its the one night she gets to pick what she cooks for tea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you have the ball 'under control' if you've never touched it?

What about if you have touched it? Ive seen plenty of Albion players take multiple touches and still not have it under control.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its not her birthday and I cannot help with clearing up as she hasnt shown me how to switch on the hoover or washing machine:smile:

Semi serious question How many men or teenagers on here when the wife has been away have 'cleaned up' and thought it was ok for the wife to return and say it looked like a bomb had hit the place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here