Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage Watch 2018

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Protest against the most successful politician this country (England) has seen since Margaret Thatcher. I don't think so.

Good grief.....oh, hang on, I see......sorry for being so slow.......you were being ironic!!!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Yeah, that's playing out really well. He told barefaced lies about theEU and continues to take their (your) money to sit on the gravy train.

It’s good that you recognise that the EU has created a “gravy train” for its politicians...........you have more in common with Farage than you think.

10/10.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
That there are corrupt people who are elected to the European Parliament who milk it for all it's worth, don't attend meetings and claim huge amounts in expenses?

In other words - Nigel Farage?

Sinn Fein MPs don’t sit in Parliament, they receive U.K. taxpayer funded salaries and expenses. This has been the case for decades and their constituents evidently have no truck with using British democracy as a step towards broader objectives.

Farage and UKIP are merely doing the same within the construct of the EU. Not attending EU meetings etc. will not bother UKIP supporters one jot.

Whining about this trifle demonstrates you don’t get politics politicians and political objectives..........the fact that it irks you so much says more about your lack of political nous than Farage’s shenanigans.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Whilst making sure his wife and sons have German passports and his mistress a French one.

Isn’t his ex wife German?

Why wouldn’t she or her sons have a German passport?

Seems perfectly reasonable to allow them to have passports if they have a right to them..........weird post.

As for the Mistress.......standard political template........at least he didn’t take a leaf out of Ted Heath’s book.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Genuinely important that people protest this man wherever he goes. He may be enjoying the warm glow of the emboldend right over here and the reflected orange glow of Trump's sycophancy in the US but in country's where people like honesty and straight talking he is mocked and protested for the racist plonker he is.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...he-brexiteers-first-new-zealand-a3927816.html

NF isn't a racist or a bad person at all, the only people who suggest he is are people who disagree with his political views.

Why cast someone as being racist when it's their politics you don't agree with? Well usually it's because you can't win the political argument on the merits of your position.

You have a picture of him, almost serious injured or even killed in a plane crash. Your signature is "nearly". The implication is clear. You think and are willing to state publically that it's a shame he didn't die.

Why? Because - politics.

He isn't a bad person, but you certainly are.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He will go down in history as a man similar to Winston Churchill. Both defending Europe from German domination.

Ffs, he is doing more to embed Germany as the leading country within Europe than anyone before him. Hitler couldn’t manage it, Farage May have

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Genuinely important that people protest this man wherever he goes. He may be enjoying the warm glow of the emboldend right over here and the reflected orange glow of Trump's sycophancy in the US but in country's where people like honesty and straight talking he is mocked and protested for the racist plonker he is.

Infact, on your avatar and signature, I've reported this before, and I'm going to do it again.

I'm the biggest free speech advocate you are likely to find anywhere.

But a picture of an injured person as your avatar, and a signature which bemoans the fact that they didn't die, is not OK.

It's sick.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I couldn't possibly imagine why either.

View attachment 100345

Like it or not Govts in Austria, Italy, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Czech Republic and very soon Sweden are taking steps to control their borders.......and it’s not like the pro EU Belgium, Holland, Germany and France aren’t dealing with border control issues.

Rolling your eyes just demonstrates your detachment from political realities.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think using that poster was deplorable. However, are there people who wish to defend Angela Merkel's policies?

You really are on a roll with 'whataboutery' on this thread.....what about accepting Farrage is a self-serving hypocrite and trouble maker, with no actual ability to lead anything even his own silly party, the [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]'s original point, and not bringing up irrelevant suport for him? And he did not cause Brexit. That was legitimate politicians of longstanding and honourable engagement (like Bill Cash - disagree with him though I do), needlessly given their head by the gormless dweeb, Cameron.

And that doesn't make the EU good either (it isn't - neither were the Albion in 98, but I didn't flounce and become Palace which is what Farrage would have done were he me, Heaven forfend).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Infact, on your avatar and signature, I've reported this before, and I'm going to do it again.

I'm the biggest free speech advocate you are likely to find anywhere.

But a picture of an injured person as your avatar, and a signature which bemoans the fact that they didn't die, is not OK.

It's sick.

I hadn't noticed that....can't argue. The moderators also allowed an avatar that mocks Bobby Sands as well (now 'moderated' somewhat by its owner, voluntarily). Perhaps the moderators need to be a bit more thoughtful.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You really are on a roll with 'whataboutery' on this thread.....what about accepting Farrage is a self-serving hypocrite and trouble maker, with no actual ability to lead anything even his own silly party, the [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]'s original point, and not bringing up irrelevant suport for him? And he did not cause Brexit. That was legitimate politicians of longstanding and honourable engagement (like Bill Cash - disagree with him though I do), needlessly given their head by the gormless dweeb, Cameron.

And that doesn't make the EU good either (it isn't - neither were the Albion in 98, but I didn't flounce and become Palace which is what Farrage would have done were he me, Heaven forfend).

Well obviously he's a flawed individual and for me it matters not what others think of him. He will never be my hero but I will always be grateful that he helped bring the referendum around. Having said that, I now often wish it had never happened as I think it has poisoned British politics both in parliament and also at ground level.

He is always going to be a cartoon baddie for those that loved the megalithic EU.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that well and truly nullifies the racist argument. :D

I don't think Farage is racist either. He'd **** anything, especially if there was a 'drink' in it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well obviously he's a flawed individual and for me it matters not what others think of him. He will never be my hero but I will always be grateful that he helped bring the referendum around. Having said that, I now often wish it had never happened as I think it has poisoned British politics both in parliament and also at ground level.

He is always going to be a cartoon baddie for those that loved the megalithic EU.

Mmmm....fair enough.

It's odd, though. I have never met anyone who loves the EU or seen evidence of such love on NSC. There is a big difference between thinking we are better off to be in it that out of it, and professing a love for it. Likewise, I voted for 'new labour' but it would be absurd to accuse me therefore of being a communist, red in tooth and claw.

I think that Farage is a cartoon baddie for people who disapprove of big mouth mendacious dick heads.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I hadn't noticed that....can't argue. The moderators also allowed an avatar that mocks Bobby Sands as well (now 'moderated' somewhat by its owner, voluntarily). Perhaps the moderators need to be a bit more thoughtful.

I think last time I reported it I was told that the policy is to not moderate avatars (or something like that). I always tend towards allowing things rather than banning them, and that includes things which are very controversial, I will always defend free speech and if you are going to do that you have to do it for views which you detest.

This is a free country, but this isn't a free message board, and that avatar and signature don't constitute controversial opinion. I don't see why something which is willfully and unequivocally nasty and sick should be protected on here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here