Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 5am flight

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There’s only one flight a day, every other day, at 5am. Or are you suggesting I fly by private jet?
To be honest, I wasn't really suggesting anything, I was just being silly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not precious, just that we have enough money to select decent daytime flight times. Plus the avoiding the consequence of grumpy, knackered kids at the start of a holiday.

Everyone to their own, don't you agree?

I doubt you have enough for the airline to change the time of their single flight especially for you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just a bit up the road from here.Definitely jealous,can't go due to wife's health.
View attachment 98981

I actually stay on the other side of the island, on Talamanca next to Ibiza Town. But I always make a pilgrimage to that craft brewery I mentioned in the other thread.

Sorry to hear you can’t make it this year; hope the missus’ health improves so you can come again. Best wishes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is that the Ibiza with one flight at 5am every second day - or the well-known Balearic island with literally scores of flights every single day in July? :dunce:

From the U.K. maybe, but I don’t live in the U.K. It’s not a popular destination for Berliners and since Air Berlin went bust we are now down to one fight a day, or we were when I booked.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Well I *like* early flights. When we go to Corfu it's 05:50 from Gatwick so in bed about 9, asleep by half 11 and up about 0230. Three hours kip is just enough.
The big advantage is that the return flight is about midday.
You're also less likely to be delayed if you're on the first plane out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A few people being a bit precious on this thread. It's one night's arguably disturbed sleep in order to save a usually hugely significant number of holiday pounds. Unless money's no object or you have some form of sleep-related special needs, why on earth would you NOT opt for the red-eye special?

This.

You're on holiday. Loaf around the pool. Have a lay-in. Spend your first day or so doing absolutely naff-all except getting slowly pickled. If you're still "tired" from an early morning flight after that, then I'm afraid there must be something wrong with you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I slept/ dozed overnight on Gatwick for an early flight last week.

Pluses....cheap, very rarely delayed & you more or less get an extra day away.

Minuses....I ran out of steam at about tea time, went for a nap & missed the World Cup Final. ( though i'd probably have missed it anyway as I thought it was an evening kick off )

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Kip definitely.

I can live without food but sleep is so important to me. I find it very hard to get shut eye in public. Last time was in police custody and even then the cheeky scamps woke me up for a medical assessment at 2.30am.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously?! Big gap in the market right there. You should start your own craft airline :lol:

I have all day to do nothing. so I might spend some time envisaging what Air Tubthumper will be like. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here