Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's WC so far. Brilliant!

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Half empty? Just accurate, isn't it? Who out of that lot would you be worried about Brighton facing?

Half empty assumes I want them to win. When, in truth, I couldn't give a ****.

Could give a ****. But still enough of a **** to comment on the thread!

Enjoy your bitter Saturday night in while the rest of the city parties!

Wankpuffin.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
England's WC so far. Piece of piss.

If only Brighton had it this easy in the PL, playing Tunisia, Panama, Colombia without their only star player and Sweden.

Belgium have beaten Brazil & England
France have beaten Argentina & Denmark
Croatia have beaten Argentina
Russia have beaten Spain

To get this far.

Still won't rival Brazil 2002's route to the final (should we get there).

Let's not pretend World Cups are won by nations who beat the best along the way.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We bossed a violent, cheating Colombia for 80 minutes and the second half of ET. Amazing that we managed to keep our heads, to play football in the face of premeditated provocation and thuggery.

But created nothing.
Today was the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

If only Brighton had it this easy in the PL, playing Tunisia, Panama, Colombia without their only star player and Sweden.

Russia have beaten Spain

To get this far.

Southgate, tactical genius, to make 9 changes to the team, allowing Belgium a goal, to go top of the group. A narrow loss, but not enough to dent confidence.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think it has been wonderful. It shows what you can do when you find a decent team and play to their strengths. This bunch of "no-hopers" have achieved more than the likes of Rooney and Beckham ever did in an England shirt, so hopefully we will not have to hear about those so called "England greats" anymore.

They can do this.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Russia have beaten Spain

To get this far.

You can only beat what’s in front of you

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
these are brilliant times

just been sitting here imagining England actually winning the World Cup

these are brilliant times

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Russia have beaten Spain

To get this far.

I've not been on NSC long enough to know, obviously, but why are you such a cantankerous, gnarly old bugger about something which for the rest of us has been such a joyous occasion, with hopefully more joy to follow? Just curious.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've not been on NSC long enough to know, obviously, but why are you such a cantankerous, gnarly old bugger about something which for the rest of us has been such a joyous occasion, with hopefully more joy to follow? Just curious.

Possibly with Scottish, Welsh or Irish allegiance = jealous, or just a plain old misery.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My answer is - that's always been the way, it's club tribalism. Post 1986 and 1990 WC's, opposing fans didn't applaud Beardsley, Lineker, Waddle and Barnes, wishing them a good club game. Normal club service was resumed.

Following England in tournaments is mutually exclusive, albeit it sometimes takes time to bury the hatchet against players loathed by others at club level (A.Cole, Terry, Sterling).

In fact it has often been said that there were club v club factions in the England team itself, apparently the Liverpool and Man U players would keep to themselves and not fraternize with each other.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Wait til AlfredMizen turns up on a thread you are on !

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
My question is - we’re all riding on this crest of an England wave, so regardless of whether we bring the trophy home, how many of you will be applauding / showing respect to these England players when they rock up at the AMEX next season and who will quickly forget and give them pelters like any other away team player ?!

Early part of the season when their names are read out they will get a round of applause then it will be down to the business of trying to get three points off them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20180707-193856.png

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcmotd/status/1015626597645287424?s=12

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are all really likable.

You can see why Southgate wanted rid of Wilshire/Hart/Rooney

Proper team spirit and all young.

We may not win anything, but we have a team to get behind

I’m not sure if anyone saw the interview with Delph after the game, but you can see why he was wanted around the squad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They are all really likable.

You can see why Southgate wanted rid of Wilshire/Hart/Rooney

Proper team spirit and all young.

We may not win anything, but we have a team to get behind

I’m not sure if anyone saw the interview with Delph after the game, but you can see why he was wanted around the squad.

Yes, I did,and agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here