Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Your Question is list me all the players we've paid 2 million plus for over the years?.
Whats' the point in that!, Irrelevant!.

You assume too much Chap!, You don't get all the facts!, And Assume !.
I.e I mentioned the spurs forum, And automatically Assume I'm a Spurs Fan!.

Try registering on more then just NSC, take a look around and really see what's going on!.

What's your point on Burnley!, They didnt need to pay exuberant signing on fees,
When they can just offer double the wages with there FFP workaround parachute Payments.

Ok pal. Time to move on. I refuse to feed trolls. Especially ones that can't answer simple questions. xx

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Will Hoskins turned out be World class did he!.
I could name a few others but why bother...

You get what you pay for in most cases.

I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make here? Will Hoskins cost money and flopped. Matt Upson, Tomasz Kuszczak, Bruno Saltor, Inigo Calderon, Liam Bridcutt, Aaron Hughes and Rohan Ince to name a few have been picked up for free after being released by their previous club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hope not. He was an important player for ADO.

Opinion from Holland (this was yesterday before they knew he was transferred):

I asked "Is he any good?"

"Yes he is! Especially his free kicks."

On hearing of the transfer interest.

"Hope not. He is an important player for ADO."

Thoughts:
He was not out of contract as much as ADO did not want to take the extension on his contract for money reasons (hearsay).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make here? Will Hoskins cost money and flopped. Matt Upson, Tomasz Kuszczak, Bruno Saltor, Inigo Calderon, Liam Bridcutt, Aaron Hughes and Rohan Ince to name a few have been picked up for free after being released by their previous club.

Don't forget, Hoskins has been one of the unluckiest players alive with his injuries.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Indeed they do, and I have it on good authority from several people who have no idea who he is, that he's shit.

I accidently thumbs downed you rather than up, sorry about that mate!

I do like opinions based on not knowing the player so they must be terrible. Nothing to do with the fact most fans are insular within their own club and country!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Listening to his interview, I got the impression he wasnt a target, but somebody who was here looking for somewhere to train. I hope he turns out to be a good move.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Listening to his interview, I got the impression he wasnt a target, but somebody who was here looking for somewhere to train. I hope he turns out to be a good move.
What gave you that impression? I don't have player. You make it sound like a panic buy that just happened to be at right place at the right time.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They asked him how the move came about, and he just said he was here last week looking at the training station?... I dont think its panic buy, im hoping its a lucky result, and we have got somebody who had gone under the radar. When I lived in DH, ..in the early noughties....thought ADO where shocking, so I went to Feyenoord matches...hope they have improved.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A dutch pal of mine is a big ADO fan and thinks he's a decent player. Composed box-to-box, decent passing, will grab a few goals and assists. Downsides are he's a little bit lazy and gets too many cards. He left them as he wanted to play abroad.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we, hard to predict how players playing in England will do, nevermind those coming in from abroad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They asked him how the move came about, and he just said he was here last week looking at the training station?... I dont think its panic buy, im hoping its a lucky result, and we have got somebody who had gone under the radar. When I lived in DH, ..in the early noughties....thought ADO where shocking, so I went to Feyenoord matches...hope they have improved.

He misunderstood the question - he was here last week to look around the training ground etc and then signed up pretty quickly after that. Prior to that he had been training with his previous club, but not playing in warm up matches.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Opinion from Holland (this was yesterday before they knew he was transferred):

I asked "Is he any good?"

"Yes he is! Especially his free kicks."

On hearing of the transfer interest.

"Hope not. He is an important player for ADO."

Thoughts:
He was not out of contract as much as ADO did not want to take the extension on his contract for money reasons (hearsay).

This is how it's reported in the Dutch Telegraph too: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/22974623/__Holla_tekent_bij_Brighton__.html

Rough translation:
BRIGHTON: Danny Holla has moved his career to England. The 26 year old midfield has signed a three-year contract with Brighton & Hove Albion, who play in the second tier. In Brighton, the Finn Sami Hyypia is the coach.

Holla was without a club after he decided to leave ADO Den Haag at the end of last season. The midfielder previously played for FC Groningen and VVV Venlo.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He misunderstood the question - he was here last week to look around the training ground etc and then signed up pretty quickly after that. Prior to that he had been training with his previous club, but not playing in warm up matches.

That's exactly it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I quite like the piece in the ADO pages..
'Holla signs contract with ambitious club from English Championship
Danny Holla may be a direct contract player naming a club in the English professional football. The midfielder, who last season was active for FC Den Haag, making the move to Brighton & Hove '

Hoping he is the Hans Kraay that Kemy hasnt been.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
he has probably just heard that we are an easy route to the premiership - and i don't mean via us being promoted.....
TBH I see that as a win win.

Players either get promoted with the Albion or the Albion gets a decent amount of cash, and moves on.

I also like us being a safe pair of hands for Premier League stars looking for one final payday.

Upson & Bridge did us proud and earned a lucrative final pay day on the back of doing the Albion proud.
A few of of those and we'll be fine and dandy.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Did he decide to move on after being offered a new contract or was he released,I have read conflicting reports?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here