Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard new contract £95000 per week

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Knockaert is so much better than him Lingard. The world has gone mad.

He is. And I wouldn't have Lingard ahead of Murphy either, if he was still here. He's BANG average, I find it astonishing that he's even picking up England caps now.

It really is all about what club you are at. If he was at (say) Stoke, he wouldn't get a look in for England.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Lingard would be my fourth pick if he were still here, i'd only put him in front of Skalak.

Still, THAT goal vs Palace makes him worth the money though!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Have any of you watched him play recently? I haven't but calling him bang average for no other reason than he was OK in a loan spell here THREE YEARS AGO, is a bit harsh.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lingard would be my fourth pick if he were still here, i'd only put him in front of Skalak.

Still, THAT goal vs Palace makes him worth the money though!
Haha oh yeah forgot about that, I agree! Was in a pub in Brighton watching that full of palace! They didn't like my chant of seagulls! that followed..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alternatively.

'Receiving a weekly wage of only £95,000, Jessie Linguard cements his place on the bench, at Old Trafford.
Being the least paid squad member it's unlikely he'll move up in the pecking order'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Have any of you watched him play recently? I haven't but calling him bang average for no other reason than he was OK in a loan spell here THREE YEARS AGO, is a bit harsh.

Great goal in the Cup Final. Other than that ? I haven't seen him do anything particularly special.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's got the added bonus of being a home grown player. Add that to market forces and he's in a strong position.

Saying that, I've never thought he was all that good.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder if lightweight and knocked off the ball easily is the new black and i'm trapped somewhere in the 20th century ???

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The premier league has a history of distinctly average wide men who seem to just be able to run fast and offer very little else

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is. And I wouldn't have Lingard ahead of Murphy either, if he was still here. He's BANG average, I find it astonishing that he's even picking up England caps now.

It really is all about what club you are at. If he was at (say) Stoke, he wouldn't get a look in for England.

Tom Cleverly being a prime example of this.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
His FA Cup goal was an instinctive strike.

Whenever he has time on the ball or options available, his decision making is poor and his finishing is more hit than miss.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I wonder where a fit Vicente would come in our pecking order now?

He's the best natural footballer the club has seen. A fully fit Vicente would have got into arguably any side in the world. There is a reason Valencia turned down 35 million when that was considered a ridiculous amount of money. Shame he was so broken when he got to us. Although he wouldn't have been here if that wasn't the case.

D

Deleted member 2719

I suspect your blue and white specs are working well, Jesse is a much better player than Murphy, but he is not worth 95k.

D

Deleted member 2719

He's the best natural footballer the club has seen. A fully fit Vicente would have got into arguably any side in the world. There is a reason Valencia turned down 35 million when that was considered a ridiculous amount of money. Shame he was so broken when he got to us. Although he wouldn't have been here if that wasn't the case.

The problem is now we have had such a great player as Vicente, will we ever get anyone to come close to him ???.

I miss him.......He was mustard.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Interesting about what club you play for. Would Lewis Dunk be in the England side by now if he was playing for a 'big' club? Almost certainly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So really it's almost 100 k for 90 mins of football..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here