Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was Knockaert soo cheap?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He has the potential to be a legend, I genuinely feel he was the best value in the January transfer window & am truly excited by the team we are building. If we fail in our quest for promotion this season I have every faith we will only get better with more quality signings in the close season. The biggest test will be I am afraid of is when a bigger club comes calling for CH we must keep hold of him.

If we don't go up, and a First Divison team wants him, it's a 'win win'. We just slap a '1' in front of the original fee. If the buggers have got the dosh then make them pay.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Will there though? All the big teams seem to only want foreign managers (and I don't include Irish!)

I can see a struggling First Division side having a try. But I'd rather you be right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would we have signed him if solly wasn't out long term?
Yes although I doubt the club would have singed Jiri.

Warren A was adamant the boys a winger.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Warren A was adamant
Never new that

Adam-Ant-in-1981-001.jpg

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The only thing I didn't like about him was wearing gloves when its not that cold.

However, the gloves did have a picture of a seagull on them, so I wont get to fussed about that.

I just think that footballers should be like post men doing their jobs in arctic conditions in shorts and no gloves.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
That explains it then, looking at the reaction from Leicester fans on Twitter he's very well respected and a fans favourite
What a find from our scouting team to get him back to England playing for The Albion, great piece of work, what a talent and we've got him in his prime at 24

Surely if we keep him and get promoted then we'll have him for his prime when he's 27/28?

Fantastic business and all aspects makes sense - SL got him on a free so they only saw upside in cashing in for whatever we paid be it €2.6m or whatever. That to them represented good value on their initial investment of nothing so chose to cash in. I expect it was a case of asking the player if he'd like to talk to us and when he did then it was about getting things right for everyone.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Great thread on the Derby forum about 'why didn't we sign him, how did he slip through our net?' as though the great Derby County have got some divine right of first pick of all available European talent. That said, it'd probably be nothing we wouldn't have said on here had they got him...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great thread on the Derby forum about 'why didn't we sign him, how did he slip through our net?' as though the great Derby County have got some divine right of first pick of all available European talent. That said, it'd probably be nothing we wouldn't have said on here had they got him...
Guess he wasn't on Burke's spreadsheet ???

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
What a great January transfer window we had. Knocky and Skalak! Many of us were slightly disappointed we didn't sign a striker, a Calleri or Murray. But look at the last few games, Knocky and Skalak have shot us to within touching distance. The great thing is they look like they're getting better!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here