Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why blame the ref for our ineptness?!

D

Deleted member 2719

Just back.

The ref was a “homer” 100%. Haven’t seen a replay of the sending off, but it looked reckless so not surprised at the time. Offside goal missed as well and the “foul” count will make interesting reading.

We lost because of Stephens brain fart and a shit referee.

I am sure he was, Warnock was probably working on him before and during the match.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I suppose the inepness from both parties should cancel it all out then.
Effectively it was 10 men against 12 men, with one having an obvious bias.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I make that 5 poor performances on the trot. Not 5 poor results or 5 poor defensive performances.....

I think we can work it out from that if I am being fair in that anylasis.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gross and Propper are clearly vital to our success/survival, and by their absence clearly flatter the general ineptitude of many other players at anything above championship playoff level!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
For me there are two scenarios here. 1. The team performance 2. The ref and officials performance. Talk about one or the other not both at the same time. Doing that just muddies the waters. We were awful, agreed but the officials, well they were simply incompetent. So no we don't blame the ref for our ineptness BUT the REF, particularly, needs outing as HORRENDOUS.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We’ve just lost two away games on the bounce against teams who we have shit away records against. Things even themselves out over the course of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Watched the Huddersfield vs Fulham game last week and thought that was the biggest pile of dog poo quality until I saw that today. Things can only get better!

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Why is everyone crying out for gross and propper ? Gross maybe but what does propper do? Apart from being placed in the wrong position. It falls on Chrissy boy but unfortunately he is so so negative in away games . I understand against the top top teams , keep it tight and hopefully nick a goal, but Cardiff are shite and we should actually play with 2 up front and actually go for it for a change. We got away with it for those 3 1-0 wins but we didn’t play well at all . It’s a guarantee that away at Huddersfield we will gift them 3 points. Our away record under Chris says it all but he is unable or won’t change which is a shame but that’s why I won’t go to away games . All the fans that went today deserve a refund

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would never play Kayal ahead of Propper and would - injury permitting - keep Solly March away from the first team.

Yes I know he played the free kick in for Dunk. Blah Blah Blah

I also would have started with Andone up front with Murray against arguably the worst side in this decision.
Playing March in some sort of no 10 role is just madness.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Because it's difficult to build momentum when all the opponents have to do is fall over and they get a free-kick.

Then sort it out and play them at their game. Stop lunging in and buy fouls ourselves. It was a really naive as well as poor performance. And it’s not like it’s the first time we’ve played that badly this season either. Blaming the ref is diverting away from the real issues.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then sort it out and play them at their game. Stop lunging in and buy fouls ourselves.
But I saw a couple of our players fouled, and the ref did nothing. He really was a homer. That was my opinion when we were winning 1-0.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
This time though, NSC are right. Martin Atkinson was awful. I’m seeing so many neutrals agree on various social media platforms.

Brighton did not play well, but neither did Cardiff. This isn’t a case of being outplayed by an inferior team, despite the result.
You're right. Both sides were inferior but the better of the two inferior sides got the three points.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
From where I sat Stephen's challenge looked a red - why give the ref a decision to make there? And some of our tackles were just naïve: when we know how the ref's playing why persist in (even softly) clattering opponents from behind (eg Montoya).
Cardiff and the ref were poor, but we played with little nouse, and if we'd had more focus up front (Izzy) could easily have scored a second.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I would never play Kayal ahead of Propper and would - injury permitting - keep Solly March away from the first team.

Yes I know he played the free kick in for Dunk. Blah Blah Blah

I also would have started with Andone up front with Murray against arguably the worst side in this decision.
Playing March in some sort of no 10 role is just madness.

Agreed. March seems untouchable. That position has Andone's name written all over it - not March!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Without reading the whole thread, but to answer its question, it's not a binary thing. We were shit but so was the ref. However, we were considerably less shit before the sending off and I think we'd have seen them off with 11 - or at least got a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here