Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OT atmosphere

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was in the disabled seating, with that Man Utd singing section directly behind us. From where we were, could not really hear our fans up in the top tier, but theirs was continuous from start to finish! A repetoire from them. Every song seemed to have a constant hand clap that gave it a rhythm, enabling to continue for long stretches.

Very strange acoustics in the stadium.

Watching it on a stream I thought their fans came across okay, and a variety of chants. Acoustics as you say and/or microphone positioning as already mentioned.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Got on the tram and one of their fans was saying 'what was all that sing when your wining about'. I told him.....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes. Moved to create a singing section for that game with an eye to the future.

Was speaking to some United fans before the match, the normal away corner was designated the singing section for last night.

So are you kicked out if you don't sing? Like saying 'you can sit (they did stand most of the game) in the NE corner as long as you sing' when you've already got a good seat.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I was in the disabled seating, with that Man Utd singing section directly behind us. From where we were, could not really hear our fans up in the top tier, but theirs was continuous from start to finish! A repetoire from them. Every song seemed to have a constant hand clap that gave it a rhythm, enabling to continue for long stretches.

Very strange acoustics in the stadium.

As you were right in front of them of course you would only hear them. We could see them singing from up in the gods and was a valiant effort from them but we far outnumbered the number of fans in that section and they couldnt compete. If only the rest of the ground could have helped them out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here