Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ultras debate

What do you think of ultras?

• Fully support what they are trying to do.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Supportive but have some problems with them.

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Fence.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Disagree with them but it can look good.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Hate flags and all of it.

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
I agree with creating a visual display for a team and to some level organisation but not too much.

I agree with flags, banners ect and even pyro.

I am fence on a drum purely because my Rugby Legaue club has one and you can really feel it united the terrace as one. A problem we have at Brighton is we don't sing as one.

I am against wearing all black like sad anarchists. I am against capos and the term 'ultra'. It sounds pathetic.

Where do you stand?

Last edited:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
If done properly, a la how it is done abroad, then fully behind it. But that doesn't just require full concentration and dedication from a group of ultras, it also requires extremely lenient stewarding/policing in order to be able to take in and let off flares/pyro inside the stadium, without the fear of being banned for a period of years. Unfortunately in the UK this is near on impossible, such is the risk of being involved in any sort of misdemeanour at football that you could even end up behind bars. Ludicrous, really. But there you go.

You would also need to see full co-operation from the clubs, which is unlikely to happen in most cases. Mainly due to the fact that many clubs will be worried about the risk of being fined for persistent standing or some rubbish like that. Hate to say it but you have to admire Palace's attitude, allowing their ultras group access to the stadium to set up their displays and even dictate who gets to buy a ticket in a certain section of the ground. They do make a decent noise too, albeit with a drum that is louder than them most of the time.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Easier for them as they don't have a NSC song police breathing down their necks, so they sing what they want and most in that stand join in creating a better atmos than at the Amex
More younger lads group together in one section of the ground by corner flag and keep singing relentlessly ...... Waits for NSC to say plastic crap European songs sung by chavs, but they get behind their team and stay with them even when they're losing

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hate to say it but you have to admire Palace's attitude, allowing their ultras group access to the stadium to set up their displays and even dictate who gets to buy a ticket in a certain section of the ground. They do make a decent noise too, albeit with a drum that is louder than them most of the time.

You don't have to admire them at all. It's a tedious drone ooooh..ooooh..wo wo wo wo...ooooh. Sad bunch of tards.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Watching the Palace game and cringed at their Ultras. Why do they feel the need to all bounce up and down like the Masai Mara

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If done properly, a la how it is done abroad, then fully behind it. But that doesn't just require full concentration and dedication from a group of ultras, it also requires extremely lenient stewarding/policing in order to be able to take in and let off flares/pyro inside the stadium, without the fear of being banned for a period of years. Unfortunately in the UK this is near on impossible, such is the risk of being involved in any sort of misdemeanour at football that you could even end up behind bars. Ludicrous, really. But there you go.

You would also need to see full co-operation from the clubs, which is unlikely to happen in most cases. Mainly due to the fact that many clubs will be worried about the risk of being fined for persistent standing or some rubbish like that. Hate to say it but you have to admire Palace's attitude, allowing their ultras group access to the stadium to set up their displays and even dictate who gets to buy a ticket in a certain section of the ground. They do make a decent noise too, albeit with a drum that is louder than them most of the time.

What he said.

But there's no real desire for it on the cosy south coast is there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
38th.jpg

They finish their season in Swansea.

*snigger*

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Very good post, agree with what you are saying here. I'm always impressed by the big displays put on abroad, it must be amazing being part of that.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
The one thing I love about English football, is the unorganised and spontaneity of the crowd. Ultras is orchestrated , you some times see in the HF someone at the front what looks like, a director. I feel a drum causes that orchestrated, it drones out the crowd and you end following what the drummer is playing.

What Brighton needs is a little bit of organisation in the sense we need a singing section, but everyone rather has a competition between them and wants to out do one another. We won't see such atmosphere until that's ended.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I HATE the whole concept of Ultras and 'organised fans'. On the other hand Selhurst Park is reckoned to be the best ground in the Premier League for atmosphere, and even I have to admit there is a correlation between that and the fact that Palace have the best Ultras in the country. (That's not a compliment btw).

So what I want is a decent atmosphere without all the 'Ultras' bollocks. It would be possible too if the authorities treated a large group of home fans the way they do a large group of away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here