Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roman Abramovich's VISA has not been RENEWED

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think this one might develop. At the moment it looks like a delay. However many reports say Abramovic couldn’t operate without being close to Putin. MPs have been discussing the need to end Russian dirty money entering the UK. Following the spy poisoning relationships are at an all time low. The closure of the British Council in Moscow by Russia has really upset our government as its the one organisation that fosters better links between the two countries. It might not be so surprising if we blocked the highest profile Russian businessman from coming to the UK. However it could become big news - not least for Chelsea!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think this one might develop. At the moment it looks like a delay. However many reports say Abramovic couldn’t operate without being close to Putin. MPs have been discussing the need to end Russian dirty money entering the UK. Following the spy poisoning relationships are at an all time low. The closure of the British Council in Moscow by Russia has really upset our government as its the one organisation that fosters better links between the two countries. It might not be so surprising if we blocked the highest profile Russian businessman from coming to the UK. However it could become big news - not least for Chelsea!

Interesting news story

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/21/russian-dirty-money-is-damaging-uk-security-mps-say

I'm sure he won't be struggling for suitors if he has to sell Chelsea though

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Its still nice to know that at least we can pee on his cavair!

I imagine Putin's mate can afford to drive something a little nicer than a Vauxhall Cavalier.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
news is that under his Israeli passport he wont be able to work in the UK. im sure the billionaire will be gutted about this.

why waste time giving out such a obsolete piece of information?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Should never have been allowed to buy an English club in the first place!

Where do you draw the line though ? countless clubs are now owned by Arabs, Thai's, Americans ....can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here