Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Turienzo's Lovechild

Oct 25, 2003
you just need a bit of free time and patience really...i haven't got the free time, and after several years in the job, don't really have the patience any more

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I reckon [MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12225]MacKenzie[/MENTION] would do a good job with the contest.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but that is wayyyyyyy too much of a responsibility. [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] is the fella for keeping track of numbers, he loves that sort of thing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is indeed tradition for a number of, shall we say, cranially challenged fellas on NSC to misunderstand what the word hard means around this time each year.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It is indeed tradition for a number of, shall we say, cranially challenged fellas on NSC to misunderstand what the word hard means around this time each year.

"How can an Death Beetle be harder than a Lion? A lions bigger. It would easily beat it"

It upsets me more and more each year.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"How can an Death Beetle be harder than a Lion? A lions bigger. It would easily beat it"

It upsets me more and more each year.

Thing is I think THEY must know by now that they've been thick, and simply got it wrong, but can't allow themselves to lose face.

"A shark would eat up a Honey Badger just like that!"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I may well be going for the Water Bear (Tardigrade) this year.

This ******* can survive in space! They can be frozen, dissected, boiled, high pressure, low pressure, go without food or water for a decade, and they can still survive.

It may not attack anything, but it's bloody hard.

View attachment 50287
View attachment 50288

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
In case this turns into a nomination thread, I'd like to nominate:

- The Grasshopper Mouse - kills and eats deadly scorpions, whilst turning the venom from stings into a painkiller

- The Tarantula Hawk Wasp - A wasp that hunts down, torments, and kills tarantulas before feeding them to its babies

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I may well be going for the Water Bear (Tardigrade) this year.

This ******* can survive in space! They can be frozen, dissected, boiled, high pressure, low pressure, go without food or water for a decade, and they can still survive.

It may not attack anything, but it's bloody hard.

View attachment 50287
View attachment 50288

Hmmm now thats an interesting debate. I PERSONALLY believe it has to be an animal which DOES combat.

You know, it can just turn MENTAL like that and take on anything and everything, no matter it's size.

But your nomination is certainly TOUGH. But is that HARD?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hmmm now thats an interesting debate. I PERSONALLY believe it has to be an animal which DOES combat.

You know, it can just turn MENTAL like that and take on anything and everything, no matter it's size.

But your nomination is certainly TOUGH. But is that HARD?

Hmmmm, I'm not seeing these Tardigrade's going mental I must admit. More like 'f*ck you, I'm going to go into a state of death where I can remain for a decade if necessary, see if you like that...'

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
you just need a bit of free time and patience really...i haven't got the free time, and after several years in the job, don't really have the patience any more

I have plenty of free time. So,unless a better candidate is nominated and you have no objections I'll take the WHC back off your hands and give it a go this year.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I have plenty of free time. So,unless a better candidate is nominated and you have no objections I'll take the WHC back off your hands and give it a go this year.

More than happy with that - just don't suffocate the spirit of the competition with your virulent anti-badger bias.

Edit - in fact the anti-badger bias has pretty much DEFINED the competition over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here