Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help please!! Coach stop off A12 near Colchester

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I know this is nothing to do with football but I thought I might be able to bow to someone's superior knowledge.
We are off for our weekend jolly soon to Great Yarmouth and would like to make a coach stop about half way, so somewhere near Colchester.
We will be travelling along the A12 and have adults of varying age .
We want to enjoy a pint and maybe a bite to eat.
Question is, I have no knowledge of that area and wondered if anyone on NSC knows anywhere accessible for a coach and 45 people, or if you know a site where I might find this information.
Thanks in advance

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Sorry just realised you wanted a beer - there's a pub/restaurant called the Dick Turpin but you would need to take the A127 (junction before the a12) then cut up the A120 to join the A12. The pub is just after Basildon and just before Wickford

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Sorry just realised you wanted a beer - there's a pub/restaurant called the Dick Turpin but you would need to take the A127 (junction before the a12) then cut up the A120 to join the A12. The pub is just after Basildon and just before Wickford

Thanks GJH I'll take a look

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
I used to live and work in Essex, so know the area well. Try the village of Stock, 1 mile south of the A12 on the way to Billericay. There's an excellent free house there called The Hoop.

Alternatively, nearer Colchester is the delightful village of Coggeshall, quite upmarket but well worth a visit. Baumann's Brasserie is great.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I used to live and work in Essex, so know the area well. Try the village of Stock, 1 mile south of the A12 on the way to Billericay. There's an excellent free house there called The Hoop.

Alternatively, nearer Colchester is the delightful village of Coggeshall, quite upmarket but well worth a visit. Baumann's Brasserie is great.

Cheers lom73
I'll take a look, I need to be able to get a coach parked there

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Gentlemen. There is the obvious delights of the Nags head just off Brook street roundabout at junction 28 M25 for Colchester but on the Brentwood spur. Big car park or there's free parking at the Marriott over the road.

The A127 is too far off track. I know. I go down it every day. I'd also shun the Dick Turpin as I would shun a rabid dog.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Gentlemen. There is the obvious delights of the Nags head just off Brook street roundabout at junction 28 M25 for Colchester but on the Brentwood spur. Big car park or there's free parking at the Marriott over the road.

The A127 is too far off track. I know. I go down it every day. I'd also shun the Dick Turpin as I would shun a rabid dog.

Thanks BH I'll take a look

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here