Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This is all coming together nicely. The master stroke for out was to wheel on Obama to threaten us with dire consequences if we leave. Dave had peaked too early. There's 9 weeks until the poll. Nine weeks for these lies to become self evidenced. If Barak thinks that the US vendors who sell us $105bn of goods would happily bin that trade then good on him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Careful. You're dealing with Two Professors. If he thinks a billion is a trillion then a billion is a trillion. Outers make nothing up.

I'm sure most of the tall/scare stories are being dreamt up by the inners and the best one bringing Obama into it. I think that will sway a fair few to the nays

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Now a fair time has passed since this poll was started and the debate has moved on, it might be interesting to start the poll again and see if opinion has shifted.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd be voting to stay in because I'm yet to hear anything other than theoretical arguments about why to vote "out". The theory is all well and good, but the economic consequences could be catastrophic and until the out campaigners lay down a concrete plan for the trade deals they would have in place were we to leave, the Bill they'd be putting through Parliament to alter the voting system within our country so that we actually have a democratic voting system, a clear idea on how they'd control migration, and a clear plan for who would handle the exit, I won't be voting out. I'd also like some explanation on how an exit would affect taxes, house prices, my ability to travel abroad, the funding government will use to subsidise the businesses that are affected by leaving, details on how they'll compensate the agricultural industries, what changes will be made to the living wage... Basically, there are so many unanswered questions from the Brexiters, none of which have anything other than theoretical answers (and most of the time, it's bad theory) so until I get something concrete from those leading that argument, I can't see a reason to vote to leave.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Now a fair time has passed since this poll was started and the debate has moved on, it might be interesting to start the poll again and see if opinion has shifted.

my OUT vote still stands....but i would be interested.... is such a thing possible..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd be voting to stay in because I'm yet to hear anything other than theoretical arguments about why to vote "out". The theory is all well and good, but the economic consequences could be catastrophic and until the out campaigners lay down a concrete plan for the trade deals they would have in place were we to leave, the Bill they'd be putting through Parliament to alter the voting system within our country so that we actually have a democratic voting system, a clear idea on how they'd control migration, and a clear plan for who would handle the exit, I won't be voting out. I'd also like some explanation on how an exit would affect taxes, house prices, my ability to travel abroad, the funding government will use to subsidise the businesses that are affected by leaving, details on how they'll compensate the agricultural industries, what changes will be made to the living wage... Basically, there are so many unanswered questions from the Brexiters, none of which have anything other than theoretical answers (and most of the time, it's bad theory) so until I get something concrete from those leading that argument, I can't see a reason to vote to leave.

The theory of going to the moon was just that too......until they did it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Was a probable in now a definite out. Nothing to do with other nationalities working here I would like to see freedom of movement for current EU countries continue with an out vote. However recourses are probably stretched to the max now. I'm voting against the big businesses who are just looking out for themselves not the public however they want to spin it.

And how do you feel the public will benefit from us leaving? Is it increased house prices? A poorer exchange rate? Less job opportunities? Less income? Probably higher taxes? A worse level of services within the country? A poorer standard of goods? Higher goods prices?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

NASA gave a pretty good explanation of how they were going to do it though. That's the difference.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure most of the tall/scare stories are being dreamt up by the inners and the best one bringing Obama into it. I think that will sway a fair few to the nays

I'm really surprised you've reached that conclusion.

If you were honest, you would accept that both sides are putting out fear stories.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
NASA gave a pretty good explanation of how they were going to do it though. That's the difference.

Fair comment,but the gap between theory and reality still took time to bridge...... it will do again if we leave the EU.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And that's the real problem with Brexit campaign. Someone raises some very good points and you dismiss them with a flippant comment. If someone in Brexit could address those concerns then you are more likely to persuade people to vote to leave.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And that's the real problem with Brexit campaign. Someone raises some very good points and you dismiss them with a flippant comment. If someone in Brexit could address those concerns then you are more likely to persuade people to vote to leave.

They are very,very good and fair points....genuine decent points..perhaps the Govenment should have spent more money on the leaflet they sent out?

Spent more time trying to explain rather than trying to convince us to remain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here