Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Airport baggage handler having a bad day?

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I guess we’ve all had days like that when you just don’t want to be there and couldn’t care less however you’d like to think that in most cases people would have a sense of pride and professionalism to not let it show.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I see this at most airports that I visit when, looking out of the window, the baggage handler is chucking cases onto the conveyor into the plane or off the plane conveyor into the cart. Main reason why I now only travel with hand luggage that I can put into the overhead locker. It's bad enough they loose so much baggage let alone knacker the cases and contents when mishandling baggage. Hope the little sh!t gets sacked.

TNBA

TTF

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see this at most airports that I visit when, looking out of the window, the baggage handler is chucking cases onto the conveyor into the plane or off the plane conveyor into the cart. Main reason why I now only travel with hand luggage that I can put into the overhead locker. It's bad enough they loose so much baggage let alone knacker the cases and contents when mishandling baggage. Hope the little sh!t gets sacked.

TNBA

TTF

OK if you are going away for a few days only.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love the way his mate sees the cases going of the back, walks half way round the trolley to look, then does f-all about it

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How exactly do people think luggage gets treated when it needs to be quickly loaded an unloaded from a plane?

If speed was so important then he'd have saved himself a lot of time by ensuring bags were on the cart ..... not on the floor meaning he's got to pick them up and take more time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Love the way his mate sees the cases going of the back, walks half way round the trolley to look, then does f-all about it

If speed was so important then he'd have saved himself a lot of time by ensuring bags were on the cart ..... not on the floor meaning he's got to pick them up and take more time.

His mate probably told him to go and pick them up himself.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
OK if you are going away for a few days only.

Not really. I did a Spanish three week rail and coach trip last Autumn and only had a Ryanair size case.
-5pairs of socks
-4pairs of pants
-2 pairs of shorts (wear your jeans on the trip out)
-4 tops (polo shirts)
-1 pullover (wear on trip out)
-1 pair of spare shoes/trainers
-Toilet bag
-Hand towel
-Macbook Air and charger
-Phone charger and leads
-Waterproof jacket or lightweight jacket (wear on trip out)
-Paperwork
-Book to read

find a local launderette if the place you are staying in cannot do washing.

Very easy really just gets complicated if you adopt the Imelda Marcos approach.

No need for hold luggage unless travelling for business or with kids!

TNBA

TTF

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Completely different psychology over there, people seem to take pride in their jobs, from the man waving you round some paving stones being replaced (in gloves, little flag and bollards all the way round) making sure everyone is safe (this did seem a little over the top) to the chief executive of a company.

I think we have a fundamental difference in this country, possibly the stigma of manual/non skilled jobs, which has connections to class, self esteem, and our perceived, place and standing in the world.

Either that or the guy is just having a bad day, we don't know he could have just been handed a redundancy letter, or going through a traumatic time in his life involving loved ones. We are far to quick to jump at conclusions from a 30 second clip.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not really. I did a Spanish three week rail and coach trip last Autumn and only had a Ryanair size case.
-5pairs of socks
-4pairs of pants
-2 pairs of shorts (wear your jeans on the trip out)
-4 tops (polo shirts)
-1 pullover (wear on trip out)
-1 pair of spare shoes/trainers
-Toilet bag
-Hand towel
-Macbook Air and charger
-Phone charger and leads
-Waterproof jacket or lightweight jacket (wear on trip out)
-Paperwork
-Book to read

find a local launderette if the place you are staying in cannot do washing.

Very easy really just gets complicated if you adopt the Imelda Marcos approach.

No need for hold luggage unless travelling for business or with kids!

TNBA

TTF

no decent nights out where need to dress up ?
no visits to gyms or running ?
sweat like fuc_k at airport and heat on planes already unbearable.
**could go on**

glad works for you but thats not for me

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here