Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton and Injuries tracker 2018/19

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Current Status : Spurs press conference

Gross [ankle] - Out for Spurs. Post Saints he said about the injury that "it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games"
Izquierdo [knee] - In training. "could come into contention"
Andone [thigh/groin] - In training. "could come into contention"

Hughton said about both Jose/Florin - "they are ones we'll have to make decision on this week. Neither have had first team minutes aside from friendlies but they're in good shape at the moment...but [would be] big call for either to start"

Rest of squad: All fit....

Would be a boon to have either on the bench.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Gross [ankle] - Out for Spurs. Post Saints he said about the injury that "it’s not one that is going to keep him out for a number of games"

Hughton said about both Jose/Florin - "they are ones we'll have to make decision on this week. Neither have had first team minutes aside from friendlies but they're in good shape at the moment...but [would be] big call for either to start"

Suggests unlikely....or bluffing to outwit MoPo.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Means we won't see any of them before Christmas

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Suggests unlikely....or bluffing to outwit MoPo.

He’s really doesn’t do bluffing. Both have had limited game time since returning from injury so it’s probably 50/50 whether they are ready for the bench.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
New training pictures posted on the Albion website; Izzy's looking OK:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/gallery-training4/

training_session_20sep18_ph_081.jpg

training_session_20sep18_ph_157.jpg

training_session_20sep18_ph_245.jpg

training_session_20sep18_ph_246.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Needs to sort his barnet out to do a proper Mr Tumble impression in Pic 3. And banned for 3 games for a straight red on that studs up challenge on Dunk. Pic 1 is just his tribute to the Saints fan during the light show. And Pic 2 is him trying to give Locadia a much needed kick up the backside.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Nice to see Knocky getting into the English custom of Morris Dancing.

training_session_20sep18_ph_082.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Needs to sort his barnet out to do a proper Mr Tumble impression in Pic 3. And banned for 3 games for a straight red on that studs up challenge on Dunk. Pic 1 is just his tribute to the Saints fan during the light show. And Pic 2 is him trying to give Locadia a much needed kick up the backside.

Note that everybody other than Locadia is working hard enough in training to not need a hat, to keep warm...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
"If one of you publicly admits to liking that light show, I'll fist pump you. I'll :censored: fist pump you into next :censored: week."

training_session_20sep18_ph_186.jpg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Andone was also training this morning. Several hints from Argus/Hughton/Absence from u23s that he might be part of the 18 on Saturday.

andone.jpeg

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's more on Jose's recovery via this interview published this morning on the Albion site. He feels "good".
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/izquierdos-road-to-recovery/

“It’s [the knee] is getting better, I’ve started training again and it’s been good to get on the ball and back on the grass again with my team-mates.
“I will have to wait and see what the medical staff say, but I have to check how the knee reacts every day when I come into training.
“The most important thing is how I feel and at the moment, I feel good. Physically I don’t feel too far behind my team-mates, they are a bit further ahead because they played in pre-season and for five games of this season too.
“We will see, but I am very happy to be back in training and we’ll see when I play my first game.”

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There's more on Jose's recovery via this interview published this morning on the Albion site. He feels "good".
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/september/izquierdos-road-to-recovery/

This thread has become my single source of injury info, as it captures everything the club and the Argus say on the matter in one place. There’s also the odd interesting input from fans who claim (with varying degrees of credibility) to be itk.

Well done, and thanks, Jem.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This thread has become my single source of injury info, as it captures everything the club and the Argus say on the matter in one place. There’s also the odd interesting input from fans who claim (with varying degrees of credibility) to be itk.

Well done, and thanks, Jem.

Ditto. And to think that many posters on here liken Jem's output to Pravda. Apologies should be forthcoming.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Dan Burn still not playing for Wigan? Can’t find any info on his injury update, this seems the best thread to post on, seeing as he is actually a Brighton player and is supposed to be back in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here