Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] PPI Claims Companies!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I had one of those companies come on to me the other day on Facebook asking if I (and others) had had a Northern Rock mortgage.

Actually I had but never, ever took out PPI. However, supposing it had been included unwittingly?

So will try the above to check out rather than pay the company who were advertising.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I had one of those companies come on to me the other day on Facebook asking if I (and others) had had a Northern Rock mortgage.

Actually I had but never, ever took out PPI. However, supposing it had been included unwittingly?

So will try the above to check out rather than pay the company who were advertising.

If it was a mortgage (or loan) that became part of the government owned bit of Northern Rock (NRAM) then they would probably have contacted you themselves if you had PPI. I had a loan from them which had been paid off ages ago but they sent me a letter saying that they may owe me money. Couple of questions later I got a cheque for about £750.

But yes, check it yourself and NEVER use these scumbag rip off merchants.

I sorted out a couple of claims for clients of mine who had multiple PPI loans / mortgages and all it took was a couple of letters and they got the money back. It's really easy.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've always suggested doing it yourself. Despite this, the other month I got an email from one of these companies suggesting that all I had to do was give all the addresses I'd lived at for the last 15 or so years and they would do the rest. They would then tell me who I could claim against and it was then up to me if I used them for a fee or claimed myself for free. Said yes and awaited the paperwork. Wow ..... they needed every detail, loan numbers etc and I also had to give them the full details of my current bank accout. Er ..... not what was promised. Dumped their paperwork and will now do it myself. I kept getting phone calls from them because I hadn't returned the paperwork ..... they are now on block. GWLegal if anyone wants to know.

Do it yourself is once again my advice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used a company called Direct Redress on the recommendation of a sister in law, who is wealthy and heavily into financial affairs. All I had to do was provide previous addresses and sign and return the forms they sent very simple.

Yes they took 25% of what they won me but my reckoning was that I got 75% and would I have achieved the results that they did, I am not sure, but at least I got 75% of something so was very happy.

My logic was taking the advice of many on here I may have got 100% of nothing.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Setting aside the financial benefits of doing it yourself, has anyone got a recommendation for a company they have used?

https://www.resolver.co.uk/

No point giving money to someone, when you can use the above to do it yourself for free.

This....do it yourself. These companies charge a relative fortune for doing very little.

Great advice, DIY, don't give your monies to these shyster companies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used a company called Direct Redress on the recommendation of a sister in law, who is wealthy and heavily into financial affairs. All I had to do was provide previous addresses and sign and return the forms they sent very simple.

Yes they took 25% of what they won me but my reckoning was that I got 75% and would I have achieved the results that they did, I am not sure, but at least I got 75% of something so was very happy.

My logic was taking the advice of many on here I may have got 100% of nothing.
So how much did you get in the end?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
reclaimPPI.co.uk i think!

Took 10% but I filled in a form with basic - very vague - info and they did the rest.

Considering I though that there was no way I had paid PPI and did it on a whim, massively surprised when they told me I had.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Do it yourself if you can. I had PPI with two banks so filled out the template on the Money saving expert site then sent them recorded.
I had a cheque from each bank within 4 weeks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do it yourself if you can. I had PPI with two banks so filled out the template on the Money saving expert site then sent them recorded.
I had a cheque from each bank within 4 weeks.

The banks continue to shit themselves over PPI.......please don’t use a claims management company. If you’ve had credit and paid any form of PPI, do it direct.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Did they not make you an offer before sending a cheque?

I was extremely happy with the amounts that I got which included 8% interest backdated.
The first I heard back from them were the cheques in the post. This was a few years ago and last year I received another cheque out of the blue when one of the banks revised the amount I was due

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
reclaimPPI.co.uk i think!

Took 10% but I filled in a form with basic - very vague - info and they did the rest.

Considering I though that there was no way I had paid PPI and did it on a whim, massively surprised when they told me I had.
10% is surprisingly low. Most want something like 30%, plus VAT (so that's 36%), and some offer it for 20% (24% with VAT).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here