Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
Just after getting into NFL after watching the documentaries Last Chance U on Netflix and All Or Nothing on Prime.

I'm also pretty addicted to the Madden mobile app.

Anyways as I don't really have any team that I support I'm thinking of putting a bet on a team to win the Superbowl to make it interesting.

https://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/super-bowl/winner

Any recommendations on who I should pick?

At first glance at the odds I'm leaning towards LA Rams because I visited LA before and they're second favourites so presumably decent?

Hope you don't shoot me down to much for being so clueless :shootself

If you plan to watch games regularly, then choose a team on the Eastern side of the country so most of their home games will be finished by 9:30pm UK time rather than 12:30am when you have work on a Monday morning! Also, if you get really into it, it is easier to get there.

Jul 7, 2003
Any Dolphins fans on here who managed to last through the whole 7 hours and 8 minutes from kick off to the final play? If so, fair play.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If you plan to watch games regularly, then choose a team on the Eastern side of the country so most of their home games will be finished by 9:30pm UK time rather than 12:30am when you have work on a Monday morning! Also, if you get really into it, it is easier to get there.

Let’s be honest, everything points towards the Jaguars, East Coast, not very popular so rarely get prime time slots, play a home game 50 miles from Brighton every year.

Jul 7, 2003
Let’s be honest, everything points towards the Jaguars, East Coast, not very popular so rarely get prime time slots, play a home game 50 miles from Brighton every year.

...and if you do want to see a game in Jax, it is very easy to get tickets (and they have a great Craft beer trail there so you can join in one of the other threads on the board).

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
How was no one mentioned the unbelievable performance from the mighty BUCS down in New Orleans last night!!

and without our starting QB

wheel loose the next 10..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How was no one mentioned the unbelievable performance from the mighty BUCS down in New Orleans last night!!

and without our starting QB

wheel loose the next 10..

I can see the Bucs moving on from Jameis, I’m not saying Fitzpatrick is the answer, but he’s serviceable until they draft another.

And yeah, that was outrageous by old man Fitzmagic.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can see the Bucs moving on from Jameis, I’m not saying Fitzpatrick is the answer, but he’s serviceable until they draft another.

And yeah, that was outrageous by old man Fitzmagic.

Yeah agreed. There is no way we win that game last night with Winston as well. If Fitz does the unthinkable and we go 3-0 there is no way Winston gets his job back.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
<sarcasm> I'm so excited about getting back to the Ralph (New Era) for Sunday's Bills home opener </sarcasm>

Entering year 15 with seasons and I've never been less excited about a home opener. Yesterday was a top 3 worst Bills game I've watched.

Other than Bills home games I think I'll stick to watching the NFC this year.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
<sarcasm> I'm so excited about getting back to the Ralph (New Era) for Sunday's Bills home opener </sarcasm>

Entering year 15 with seasons and I've never been less excited about a home opener. Yesterday was a top 3 worst Bills game I've watched.

Other than Bills home games I think I'll stick to watching the NFC this year.

Even the punter seemed to suck in the part I watched.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a Giants fan got to say well done to the Jets. It was 17-17 at the start of the 3rd quarter against the Lions, and they got a massive 31 points in that same quarter to win 48-17. Impressive start for rookie QB Sam Darnold with 2 TD throws. Less than impressive start for Matt Patricia, who was the defensive coordinator at the Pats.

Watching the first quarter of the Rams and Raiders game, 7-7 so far. Some good moves from Aaron Donald - and so there should be for a record deal of $135 million

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
As a Giants fan got to say well done to the Jets. It was 17-17 at the start of the 3rd quarter against the Lions, and they got a massive 31 points in that same quarter to win 48-17.

Did the Jets get 31 points - or did Detroit give them to them on a plate. Absolutely shocking from the Lions, which pleases me no end. :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Raiders losing (again)

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Okay so he threw a pick-six on his first ever NFL play but i have no doubt Sam Darnold is the real deal.

Didn't even phase him, got straight back out there and made some impressive throws and all-round good game management.

Matt Patricia, oh dear oh dear oh dear. Giving up THIRTY ONE POINTS at home in one quarter to any team is embarrassing.

EDIT: please tell me someone else saw Marshawn Lynch carry literally the entire Rams defence 5+ yards into the end zone for the touch down?! Dudes a freak. Will we ever know why Pete Carroll decided to pass on 2nd & Goal in Super Bowl 49?! Still baffles me.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Okay so he threw a pick-six on his first ever NFL play but i have no doubt Sam Darnold is the real deal.

EDIT: please tell me someone else saw Marshawn Lynch carry literally the entire Rams defence 5+ yards into the end zone for the touch down?! Dudes a freak. Will we ever know why Pete Carroll decided to pass on 2nd & Goal in Super Bowl 49?! Still baffles me.

It was amazing, players leaping and hanging off him and trying to strip the ball. My favorite play of the weekend. He sort of repeated it for a first down later on as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-3V6-CjEg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m yet to catch up with all of the highlights from the weekend yet, and it looks as though there’s some real drama to look forward to. After the Jags game myself and Mrs DFP tuned in to cheer on the Browns, every year we have a soft spot for the featured Hard Knocks team, such a Browns way to finish a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here