Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Eh ? I would..........now-proven PL defender with some of the best stats in the division and you think we might not cover the cost of Moore ??

This thread is based on just this from the Argus :

Lewis Dunk and Jose Izquierdo were not in the squad flying out to Southern France this afternoon.

Dunk has been rested after plenty of pre-season minutes, while Izquierdo was the last player back from World Cup duty after Colombia reached the last 16.

.....just waiting for Dwayne to start a thread about Jose leaving as well.

This. I cannot believe the absolute guff generated by a sensible decision to protect Dunk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I do not think that if the fee Reading want for Moore and the fact that Mawson, who is better than Dunk, is going for £20m that there would be much difference in their respective fees

You are clearly deluded. Firstly, what Reading reportedly want is still way, way below Dunk’s value, and they won’t get it anyway now they have a player who clearly want to leave. Secondly, there is no way Mawson is better than Dunk. Your ‘stupid’ setting turned up to 11 again BG!!??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spurs fan crapping on an Albion player, nothing to see here.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
I do not think that if the fee Reading want for Moore and the fact that Mawson, who is better than Dunk, is going for £20m that there would be much difference in their respective fees

Okay, this is confirmation for me. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, at the very best your ‘knowledge’ is fabrication from your own delusion. You and others may think I’m being overly harsh, but I cannot fathom how you can come out with this kind of drivel. The first thing questionable about your statement is that Mawson is better than Dunk. I personally think this is demonstrably false, but I’m certainly willing to accept some may disagree based on Mawson scoring some important goals for Swansea (as I believe was mentioned earlier) and his extra year experience over Dunk. Yet over the past season Dunk succeeded in keeping us up whereas Swansea were relegated, but far more important is the fact Dunk comes out on top in almost every metric for blocks, interceptions, etc. But that’s barely scraping the surface of your bizarre claims.

Even at Liam Moore’s accurate value, one obviously inflated by a mad transfer market like every other player, he’s a player with 11 (ELEVEN) PL appearances back in 2014/15. His valuation should be between 7-12 million pounds. Any more I believe would probably be overpaying. But regardless of all of this, there is one implication that I find, in truth, simply stunning.

You seem to be indicating that Alfie Mawson’s alleged valuation of £20 million therefore means Dunk’s valuation is lower than this, as you have said Mawson is the better player. And thus, what we’d get for Dunk would be closer to a fee we’d pay for Moore (or even inferior to it) than it would be to the £20 million for Alfie Mawson. Now that is just ****ing insane. Firstly, Swansea a Championship team now, and so that makes it harder for them to keep Mawson should a team come in for him, and harder to command a high fee. We, on the other hand stayed up and are in a strong position. In what world or universe would we sell Dunk, our captain on many occasions, a home grown player contributing to a quota we need to meet, and one of the best defenders in the whole country according to defensive stats for practically nothing when we are under no pressure to do so? It’s frankly moronic.

#NeverWrong

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would think Dunks value on a transfer is around £15m-£18m but to us he is worth a hell of a lot more. Hence we will not sell him.

His value on transfer is what we’d be prepared to sell him for and what someone else would be prepared to pay. I don’t think you’re anywhere close with 15-18m.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Okay, this is confirmation for me. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, at the very best your ‘knowledge’ is fabrication from your own delusion. You and others may think I’m being overly harsh, but I cannot fathom how you can come out with this kind of drivel. The first thing questionable about your statement is that Mawson is better than Dunk. I personally think this is demonstrably false, but I’m certainly willing to accept some may disagree based on Mawson scoring some important goals for Swansea (as I believe was mentioned earlier) and his extra year experience over Dunk. Yet over the past season Dunk succeeded in keeping us up whereas Swansea were relegated, but far more important is the fact Dunk comes out on top in almost every metric for blocks, interceptions, etc. But that’s barely scraping the surface of your bizarre claims.

Even at Liam Moore’s accurate value, one obviously inflated by a mad transfer market like every other player, he’s a player with 11 (ELEVEN) PL appearances back in 2014/15. His valuation should be between 7-12 million pounds. Any more I believe would probably be overpaying. But regardless of all of this, there is one implication that I find, in truth, simply stunning.

You seem to be indicating that Alfie Mawson’s alleged valuation of £20 million therefore means Dunk’s valuation is lower than this, as you have said Mawson is the better player. And thus, what we’d get for Dunk would be closer to a fee we’d pay for Moore (or even inferior to it) than it would be to the £20 million for Alfie Mawson. Now that is just ****ing insane. Firstly, Swansea a Championship team now, and so that makes it harder for them to keep Mawson should a team come in for him, and harder to command a high fee. We, on the other hand stayed up and are in a strong position. In what world or universe would we sell Dunk, our captain on many occasions, a home grown player contributing to a quota we need to meet, and one of the best defenders in the whole country according to defensive stats for practically nothing when we are under no pressure to do so? It’s frankly moronic.

#NeverWrong

How dare you did you not know that BG was a football scout :D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think anybody would offer more than £18m for him but as I said he is worth more than that to us to keep him and not consider selling I would say there are 4 possibly 5 English CB who didnt go to Russia better than him.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I do not think anybody would offer more than £18m for him but as I said he is worth more than that to us to keep him and not consider selling I would say there are 4 possibly 5 English CB who didnt go to Russia better than him.

and it suddenly it gets a bit darker, a bit more unusual, a bit more weird, more strange!
BG's WORLD!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Thanks Arshia42, That's a very interesting and informative post. It's really appreciated.
I hope Morteza joins us, we have assembled a great squad and things (on paper) are looking very bright.

I've registered on PFDC and hope to learn a lot more about Iranian football and one day come and visit.
Best performing player in a national team,thinks looks promising,thinks again he plays for Iran!
Hardly a Premiership standard side

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Names apart from Keane and Mawson who uve already stated your love for

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

You’re continuing to talk complete rubbish. You haven’t tempered any of he ridiculous things you’ve stated when given the opportunity to do so, so I can offer no leniency in regard to your absurd and quite frankly idiotic assessment that no club would pay over £18 million for Dunk. I’d suggest most if not all clubs (who have the financial means) if offered Dunk for £18 million, would jump at the offer. As mentioned before he is still young, with great ability on the ball and top defensive stats, as well as being a HGP.

What is it exactly that you have against Dunk? Sure, you might not rate him as highly as some. Fine, you may see aspects in his game that show him to be not quite as good as some claim. But this is delusional in the extreme. I can only presume that in your attempt to appear superior to others, or even just to seem to be capable of insightful and worthy analysis, you resort to making claims against the view of the majority. Sometimes there are myths perpetuated by fans or the media “Raheem Sterling is useless for England etc”. This is not the case here, Dunk is rated highly by pundits and fans because he is a top player-and statistics support this. In short, what you are saying is not just controversial or a little different, not is it is not substantiated by any evidence, anecdotal or statistical. It isn’t just quite simply, stupid.
Everyone is entitled to their say, but do not take issue with people ridiculing you when you consistently say ridiculous things.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
BG is a major 🤡

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’re continuing to talk complete rubbish. You haven’t tempered any of he ridiculous things you’ve stated when given the opportunity to do so, so I can offer no leniency in regard to your absurd and quite frankly idiotic assessment that no club would pay over £18 million for Dunk. I’d suggest most if not all clubs (who have the financial means) if offered Dunk for £18 million, would jump at the offer. As mentioned before he is still young, with great ability on the ball and top defensive stats, as well as being a HGP.

What is it exactly that you have against Dunk? Sure, you might not rate him as highly as some. Fine, you may see aspects in his game that show him to be not quite as good as some claim. But this is delusional in the extreme. I can only presume that in your attempt to appear superior to others, or even just to seem to be capable of insightful and worthy analysis, you resort to making claims against the view of the majority. Sometimes there are myths perpetuated by fans or the media “Raheem Sterling is useless for England etc”. This is not the case here, Dunk is rated highly by pundits and fans because he is a top player-and statistics support this. In short, what you are saying is not just controversial or a little different, not is it is not substantiated by any evidence, anecdotal or statistical. It isn’t just quite simply, stupid.
Everyone is entitled to their say, but do not take issue with people ridiculing you when you consistently say ridiculous things.

I don't know what you expect from someone who has 'avidly followed Spurs for nearly 60 years'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here