Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vacancy at the Premier League

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So Peter Scudamore is working out his notice. Is there a fear that we might lose what many perceive as one of the best Chief Execs in the game?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Barber has all the credentials for that job, be very surprised if he doesn't get mentioned by someone or encouraged to apply at least.

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything he stands for, just as I don't agree with a lot of what Scudamore stands for and did, some of his priorities were plain wrong. But Barber is excellent in that role, and has the financial and political skills to do the PL gig.

The one thing that might make him or anyone else think again is that TV revenues may be peaking or soon to peak, and the PL job now has the whiff of a 'succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson' about it.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Keith Wyness early favourite.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Wouldn’t be surprised if Barber wanted it. Wouldn’t be surprised if Barber was interviewed for it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My first thought when I saw Scuadmore was stepping down was Barber would be interested in the role. He's done an excellent job for us, despite what some may claim, it would be a huge loss for the club if he got it. Barber has been on the board of directors for the Football League during his time with us so he's clearly highly regarded within the game. He's got to be in with a chance if he applies.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Given that he's been Director of Marketing and Communications for the FA, Executive Director and Tottenham, and (from the ever-reliable-Wikipedia) it was "reported in the Canadian media that the club signed a total of 25 new commercial agreements in a 24-month period while Barber was CEO".

In terms of his credentials, he's really been hugely involved in driving commercial revenue increases wherever he's been. That's possibly the most important credential for the Chief Exec of the PL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here