Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIAT @ Fairford whos going?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who is going this year? I'm there Thursday to Sunday camping at Totterdown.

The Thunderbirds have landed I saw them from a distance Friday

For those who have absolutely no idea what RIAT means, or indeed any of the rest of that post, (which i'm guessing is about 99.83% of NSC) I'll save you the bother. I just looked it up. RIAT would appear to mean Royal International Air Tattoo. Christ knows where the places are of which OP speaks, other than they're the places where RIAT takes place. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd plump for somewhere near Swindon :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For those who have absolutely no idea what RIAT means, or indeed any of the rest of that post, (which i'm guessing is about 99.83% of NSC) I'll save you the bother. I just looked it up. RIAT would appear to mean Royal International Air Tattoo. Christ knows where the places are of which OP speaks, other than they're the places where RIAT takes place. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd plump for somewhere near Swindon :moo:
[MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] is one those ex military types, the ones that abbreviate everything.
He'll be getting his own personal band and guard of honour.
Bloody show off :laugh:
Anyway TTFN

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not this year, but planning to attend next year.

The next show on my calendar is the Sunderland International Airshow in a few weeks, which is basically the North-East equivalent of Eastbourne airshow-wise.

Oh, and Fairford is in Gloucestershire and the Thunderbirds are the USAF equivalent of the Red Arrows.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's plane spotting (in deepest darkest Gloucestershire). Like train spotting, but with a cricked neck...................

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Haven't been for a few years but always a good day out if the weather holds!

RAF Fairford was an emergency landing base for a Space Shuttle if ever it was needed. Luckily it was never used but a team was always on standby at the airfield during a shuttle launch. If the Shuttle had needed to land the time from launch in Florida to landing at Fairford would be 15 minutes!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

well done coloured star......there is was a thread last year so why not this year.

Oh it is only the biggest airshow in the world.!!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Haven't been for a few years but always a good day out if the weather holds!

RAF Fairford was an emergency landing base for a Space Shuttle if ever it was needed. Luckily it was never used but a team was always on standby at the airfield during a shuttle launch. If the Shuttle had needed to land the time from launch in Florida to landing at Fairford would be 15 minutes!

Fairford was also where the Concord done a lot of its test flights.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I thought they meant Rebellion :ffsparr:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Me, will be there Weds through until Monday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here