Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy goal

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Clearly Garth can't spell tedious.

feckin victories, I hate it when we win, nothing's funny when we win.

Saturday looked far from tedious from what I've seen of it...…...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Duffy in Crooks team of the week again. Here is what he said......

Shane Duffy: No ifs, buts or maybes, Steve Mounie had to go. The Huddersfield striker's tackle on Brighton's Yves Bissouma was reckless, leaving referee Michael Oliver no choice but to give the player his marching orders. Once Mounie left the field, the game was over and it was only a matter of time before Brighton made the Terriers pay for their folly. The quality of Shane Duffy's timing into the box was matched only by that of his equalizing header. What Chris Hughton is doing at that club is nothing short of the miraculous.

Did you know? Duffy won more aerial duels than any other player (11) as Brighton won 2-1 at Huddersfield on Saturday.

Is anyone keeping tabs on how often Duffy has made Garth Crooks' team of the Week.

He's not very good at staying under the radar, because clearly Garth and his judgements must be central to any Premier League team's recruitment process.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Is anyone keeping tabs on how often Duffy has made Garth Crooks' team of the Week.

He's not very good at staying under the radar, because clearly Garth and his judgements must be central to any Premier League team's recruitment process.

Garth's criteria is very straight forward: did a defender score, did a defender win a clean sheet. Duffy keeps appearing in Garth's team especially if he keeps scoring

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Dunk.
Letting himself down, letting Duffy down, letting the club down & letting his country down.
Bruno pumps his heart pacemaker to maximum to achieve a corner from nothing. He glances at the ref who is checking his watch. He turns his pacemaker setting to Usain Bolt as he sprints to take the corner. Solly has got out the protractor and compass and calculated wind speed and distance. Here comes that perfect cross. The distance between the whistle and the refs lips is getting smaller, micro-seconds to go. The ball is on its way.......
And Lewis Dunk has set up a picnic table in the box and is sat down eating sandwiches.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Dunk.
Letting himself down, letting Duffy down, letting the club down & letting his country down.
Bruno pumps his heart pacemaker to maximum to achieve a corner from nothing. He glances at the ref who is checking his watch. He turns his pacemaker setting to Usain Bolt as he sprints to take the corner. Solly has got out the protractor and compass and calculated wind speed and distance. Here comes that perfect cross. The distance between the whistle and the refs lips is getting smaller, micro-seconds to go. The ball is on its way.......
And Lewis Dunk has set up a picnic table in the box and is sat down eating sandwiches.

I had one too many and had to visit the latrines at 45 mins. First Albion goal I have ever missed.
The noise from inside the ground was brilliant and a I think a few ended up with wet shoes.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Dunk.

And a good job too, because the other week they got in each others way, and Duffy got on the end of it when if he'd left it to Dunk it would have almost been a certain goal. This time Dunk was just making sure he was well out of the way!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would Like to see more goals from Dunk and Duffy arriving a bit late and not getting involved in the rugby takles in the box.
Well done Bruno showed never give up attitude.
Two assist by Solly.
Well done team now for Tueday battle.

If we (Dunk & Duffy) run at them from outside the box it gives the defenders more to think about and makes shirt pulling / blocking more obvious, so get on it Double D!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Screenshot 2018-12-02 at 11.27.12.png

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
My favourite improvised goal was the 1-2 between Brooker and Zamora at Reading when the keeper handled a backpass. Can't find it online - can anyone better at searching for stuff than me find it?

Edit - found it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here