Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is the long term project of the club ????

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
A little patience is needed I reckon, as soon as we dont win a game we should/could have... Its not pretty , CH knows what he's doing, most of the time. Cant have it all. He's not the finished article yet either. Im not comparing the two like for like but Ferguson nearly didnt last too long at Man Utd...

Years it taken us to get this far, 2nd season in and we're wanting the moon on a stick

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Worrying that pretty well none of the recruits since last January have made the desired impact.

I keep thinking back to our start in the premier league where Ryan, Propper and Gross all put in performances that received a lot of criticism in those first few games. We stuck with them and they found their feet and improved and now look at them. Compare that to this year' signings. Locadia given a few minutes at the end of the games, and away to Man City then dropped. Bernardo one game and out. Montoya has a couple of games then dropped. Back in for one, dropped again. Balogun puts in a good performance and we rush Dunk back (and get a string of below par performances from him). Bissouma is in and out like he's doing the hokey cokey. Where's the patience and perseverance that Hughton showed early last season?

Say whatever you want about Gus Poyet

I've also been thinking a lot recently about how one of the benefits of Gus's possession style football is that it tires the opponents as they are forced to chase possession. It's disappointing that we as a club had that ingrained in us a few years ago, and now, whether tactical, form, player decision, or whatever, we seem to be struggling to maintain enough possession to stave off that sort of exhaustion. Is it any wonder we lose focus so often, when we spend so much of the game chasing possession

Is it to just stay up each year and pocket the money ? Or try and build the club up the table ?? Like Bournemouth .
Chris will keep us up but will never and I mean never progress the club forward like Eddie Howe has .
Chris is to set in his ways to change his philosophy now .

What makes you think he can't change? Newcastle, Norwich and us all were/are in need of squad improvement to progress the club forward. That can't happen in under two seasons. When has he had two or more consecutive years as manager in the premier league? If he is still our manager at the end of the season we will be in uncharted waters as far as Hughton's managerial career is concerned. It could be that his philosophy is 'survive for two years, given me five transfer windows to gradually improve the squad to set up year three where we push on'.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We forgetting Norwich then ???

Are we forgetting that we got out of the Championship a couple of years ago in some style? Who was our manager then, I wonder.?

And before Norwich, he did OK with Newcastle in the Premier League - sacked by mad Mike Ashley when they were higher in the league than we are now.

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
Someone told me that the Albion is the fastest growing employer in Sussex. For me the club is the infrastructure - the ownership, boardroom, facilities, long term plan, finances, community work. It's Paul Barber and the people behind the scenes. The team are the men on the pitch and CH and his assistants.

The club is definitely PL standard, not a doubt and it has developed massively even over the past year. The team hasn't improved so quickly and if something doesn't change the team will hold the club back.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you so much for the explanation!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are a team in transition the squared that got us up and then kept us up is an ageing one, the club invested heavily last summer and new players take time to bed in, staying up is our number one aim and I suspect it will be much the same next year but slowly slowly the squad is improving, I don't know what the five or ten year strategy is I do not think the club have made that public knowledge but I am sure the club has one, a cup run would be good?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Are we forgetting that we got out of the Championship a couple of years ago in some style? Who was our manager then, I wonder.?

And before Norwich, he did OK with Newcastle in the Premier League - sacked by mad Mike Ashley when they were higher in the league than we are now.
I don’t know why people bring up Newcastle he was sacked to bring in a bigger name Hughton stood in from a coaching position. The fans still like him up there.
As far a bounemouth are concerned how many including the OP would have sacked Eddie Howe when they got relegated. They are reaping the benefits of staying loyal to him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the field I think the aim should be to manage an unprecedented 5 seasons in the top flight.

Off the field I think we need to continue to build Albion In The Community so the affection and commitment to the club in the county runs even wider and deeper.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
On the field I think the aim should be to manage an unprecedented 5 seasons in the top flight.

Off the field I think we need to continue to build Albion In The Community so the affection and commitment to the club in the county runs even wider and deeper.

But that requires PATIENCE :rant:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Nothing to do with 15 points and 12th. Our level of performance since game 2 has not been good enough. End of.

We struggled at times last season, understandably because it was our first season. This season our level of performance has been far worst.If you can't admit that then you are not being genuine.

But with respect it’s points that matter right now not performance. We are only a third of our way into our second season in the premier and you want performances and wins. That is totally unrealistic.

Wolves heralded as this seasons wonders are now below us, we are only two points behind the much vaunted Bournemouth. Who cares if we aren’t playing well.

In ten years if we are still in The premier league and playing this way then I’m right with you but after just over one season - get real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here