Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we cheats?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It basically looks like we have to get promoted this season, or there will be a number of our best players being sold to offset the FFP losses. Stephens and Kayal may leave for free as well.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
WTF is it with some of you and this 'trolling' sh!t? I AM NOT! Ok, I understand where you're going and we won't go over, if... IF we go up this year and YOU are basing it on that!

place your head between your knees and breathe into a paper bag :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It basically looks like we have to get promoted this season, or there will be a number of our best players being sold to off set the FFP losses. Stephens and Kayal may leave for free as well.

This is what I was saying!! Oh boy I have been sitting here all day being a lazy f*ck watching tv and typing to NSC and I said in the first 4 pages we'd have to sell our best assets if we don't go up. El Pres, a mod, a pillock of the forum jumps in and his sheep follow. I shake my head in disbelief.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It basically looks like we have to get promoted this season, or there will be a number of our best players being sold to offset the FFP losses. Stephens and Kayal may leave for free as well.

The FFP losses for 2015/16 look like being in the region of £11-12 million though, so we should be within the limits. So I cannot see a need to sell players. Players might choose to go because they fancy playing in the Premier League, which is a different matter.

As for future years, the FFP clock effectively runs for three years from 2016/17, so the first time realistically that sanctions are likely to take place when the accounts are lodged with the Football League by 1 December 2019.

Remember that FFP losses of £39 million equate to accounting losses of £60 million, so there is still a long long way to go.

Apologies for the binfestery by the way, I should know better, and also apologies to SN for the historical trolling reference, I did mix him up with someone else.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sussex Nomad: out of interest, how much loss do you think we have against FFP for this year?

I have absolutely no idea, I do know the club has a 20 mill loss, but I haven't said at any time that it is all FFP, I have surmised that it won't be far from 20 mill.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The FFP losses for 2015/16 look like being in the region of £11-12 million though, so we should be within the limits. So I cannot see a need to sell players. Players might choose to go because they fancy playing in the Premier League, which is a different matter.

As for future years, the FFP clock effectively runs for three years from 2016/17, so the first time realistically that sanctions are likely to take place when the accounts are lodged with the Football League by 1 December 2019.

Remember that FFP losses of £39 million equate to accounting losses of £60 million, so there is still a long long way to go.

Apologies for the binfestery by the way, I should know better, and also apologies to SN for the historical trolling reference, I did mix him up with someone else.

Wasn't our last offset thanks to the sale of Ulloa? I know it sounds a long time ago but we had 13 mill loss? The offset of Leo was 8 mill? So we would have been 21 mill? This year we have no offsets due to our craving for the Prem.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Question for anybody? Does the current accounting loss of season **2015/16,coupled with our current league position,then allow for a replicated (assumed) loss 2016/17 of circa £20M Increase or Decrease a BIG money signing in January to get us over the line this season?

**Edit i may just add that I do know the new rules on FFP as i stated in the opening of the thread,was giving a comparison.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Question for anybody? Does the current accounting loss of season 2015/16,coupled with our current league position,then allow for a replicated (assumed) loss 2016/17 of circa £20M Increase or Decrease a BIG money signing in January to get us over the line this season?

Well, there's another thing. Whats if we spunk 10 mill on a forward (that we don't need) in Jan? That just adds to our over spending doesn't it?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasn't our last offset thanks to the sale of Ulloa? I know it sounds a long time ago but we had 13 mill loss? The offset of Leo was 8 mill? So we would have been 21 mill? This year we have no offsets due to our craving for the Prem.

The last losses were £10.4 million, but there were gains of £8.7 million due to the sale of Ulloa and Buckley. So the loss, excluding these one off items, was £19.1 million.

Albion gains on sale.PNG

To calculate the FFP loss you can then add back depreciation (see above £4.9 million) and academy costs, which are in the region of £4 million (that's a best estimate from talking to some other clubs).

This reduces the estimate of the FFP loss to £10.2 million, which, whilst a hell of a lot of money, still gives us some wiggle room this year, especially as the club should be in receipt of extra TV money due to the way it is distributed from the Premier League.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Question for anybody? Does the current accounting loss of season **2015/16,coupled with our current league position,then allow for a replicated (assumed) loss 2016/17 of circa £20M Increase or Decrease a BIG money signing in January to get us over the line this season?

**Edit i may just add that I do know the new rules on FFP as i stated in the opening of the thread,was giving a comparison.

If we sign a £10 million striker on a 4 1/2 year contract in January the cost is spread over the contract length. Therefore the amount charged in the profit and loss would be £10m x (6months/54 months) = £1.1 million..........plus his wages of course.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we sign a £10 million striker on a 4 1/2 year contract in January the cost is spread over the contract length. Therefore the amount charged in the profit and loss would be £10m x (6months/54 months) = £1.1 million..........plus his wages of course.

Thank you.....explained.. I would say with the room for movement we have right now,it would Increase it,but marginally...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The last losses were £10.4 million, but there were gains of £8.7 million due to the sale of Ulloa and Buckley. So the loss, excluding these one off items, was £19.1 million.

View attachment 79363

To calculate the FFP loss you can then add back depreciation (see above £4.9 million) and academy costs, which are in the region of £4 million (that's a best estimate from talking to some other clubs).

This reduces the estimate of the FFP loss to £10.2 million, which, whilst a hell of a lot of money, still gives us some wiggle room this year, especially as the club should be in receipt of extra TV money due to the way it is distributed from the Premier League.

Ok I did think Leo was part of our last returns, so we are selling no-one currently and that means we don't drag anything back from the loss recorded, so that is the FFP loss? is it not?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I bet you wish you'd had a quid for every time you've tried to explain this fact on this forum.

I stopped bothering ages ago. Fair play for banging your head against the wall though. #profitandloss #balancesheet

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I bet you wish you'd had a quid for every time you've tried to explain this fact on this forum.

I stopped bothering ages ago. Fair play for banging your head against the wall though. #profitandloss #balancesheet

Another luvvie.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ok I did think Leo was part of our last returns, so we are selling no-one currently and that means we don't drag anything back from the loss recorded, so that is the FFP loss? is it not?

You are correct that there are no player sales at a profit in 2015/16, so the loss will be similar to the £19.1 million from 2014/15, although since then we have signed Knockaert, Skalak Hemed, Manu and Murphy for at least a million each, and given Lewis Dunk a (deserved) pay rise. So the quoted figure of £20 million is in line with expectations.

However also remember to deduct the depreciation of the stadium and training ground (£5 million at least) and the academy costs (£3-4 million) and that will take you to a FFP loss of £11-12 million.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You are correct that there are no player sales at a profit in 2015/16, so the loss will be similar to the £19.1 million from 2014/15, although since then we have signed Knockaert, Skalak Hemed, Manu and Murphy for at least a million each, and given Lewis Dunk a (deserved) pay rise. So the quoted figure of £20 million is in line with expectations.

However also remember to deduct the depreciation of the stadium and training ground (£5 million at least) and the academy costs (£3-4 million) and that will take you to a FFP loss of £11-12 million.

Ok so instead of belittling me why didn't you say that on page 4?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No sign of [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] EXPLAINING what happened to the 1983 FA Cup Final money, he hopes his FFP DRIVEL bores people into SUBMISSION.

Some of us will NEVER forget even though it is 33 years ago.

I know you're a pisstake Ernest but he is a bit of a knob.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here