Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] B'B'Q must haves

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Couple of times now I've looked into putting one of these into the garden, you can get kits for it :)

Vitcas do a number of basic oven “shells” which need a base and lots and lots of insulation - this is mine

B7528580-2F7A-4AF2-BEE5-5E754A47C497.jpeg

E16A8F69-C99B-418B-BB51-DA2E0539F1B9.jpeg

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Its not so much what they'd eat - its the fact that just before landing on your plate, they've been knee-deep in dogshit.

(If indeed flies have knees).

Not only do they have knees, some of them have ears on their knees.

If that isn’t reason enough reason to stay away from them, I don’t know what is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The phone number of the local chippy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Vitcas do a number of basic oven “shells” which need a base and lots and lots of insulation - this is mine

View attachment 98027

View attachment 98028

In time-honoured NSC tradition:

Why has the grey horse got its muzzle up the chestnut one’s arse? And why are you providing a site for a Palace fan’s accommodation?

Nice set-up you have there 🙂

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
In time-honoured NSC tradition:

Why has the grey horse got its muzzle up the chestnut one’s arse? And why are you providing a site for a Palace fan’s accommodation?

Nice set-up you have there 🙂

:blush::glare:

The caravan is where we keep all the crap - what else would you use one for?

As for the social habits of the horses - mind your own business :angry:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Will be going to my boss's July 4 BBQ. His missus is from Texas and BBQing is a religion down there - they'll spend hours talking and arguing just about the sauce. Think they used a Weber 3 burner propane grill when I was there last year - not really sure but more than happy to enjoy the great spare ribs and steaks they cook.

Jul 7, 2003
BBQ Chimney starter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVav--CWSlk

Lighter fluids and instant light stuff, no way...

Best investment anyone using a proper BBQ can buy. Gets the coals hot in 20 minutes or less without making everything small of lighter fluids. Also worth getting those long handled matches to help with the lighting as well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A really good and effective working toilet.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
As a few people have said Chimney Starter is the right answer.

Have had one for about 5 years now and last used it about 5 hrs ago for a nice BBQ before tonight's games kicked off.

Definitely the only way to light a proper BBQ :thumbsup:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

Have had one for about 5 years now and last used it about 5 hrs ago for a nice BBQ before tonight's games kicked off.

This !

Used mine also tonight. Enough coals lit and grey to cook 2 sea bass by the time the missus had boiled the water and cooked the new potatoes. Would not use anything else

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The ultimate BBQ companion, written by NSC's very own [MENTION=921]Ken Livingstone Seagull[/MENTION]

I have a copy SINGED by the great man himself!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
At the other end of the scale I added petrol to my self lighting disposable tonight and still took nearly an hour to "cook" a few sausages and burgers...
This !

Used mine also tonight. Enough coals lit and grey to cook 2 sea bass by the time the missus had boiled the water and cooked the new potatoes. Would not use anything else

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Me too, handed to me from the hammock by the great man himself on a visit to Maui many years ago. All of which begs the question, are the UNSINGED copies of greater value?

No. A genuining singing by the maestro is a watermark of value. Well, not 'water', obviously. Singe. Quality singe.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
At the other end of the scale I added petrol to my self lighting disposable tonight and still took nearly an hour to "cook" a few sausages and burgers...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have had that before with self lighting coals. Turns out they were out of date and had lost their ability to er self light.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

Definitely this:cool:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here