Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brett mendoza Grand Central bar

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I always see Brett's name mentioned on this site. Is he liked or not?

Yes, very much so. A nicer guy you could not ever wish to meet. We all give him a bit of a ribbing about the media whoring but it is very tongue in cheek, he does a huge amount of charity work including REMF.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Is it in new York? If not the Brett is a pretentious COCK and shoul go back to handing out "we want Falmer" leaflets outside Withdean in his silly trainers and Albion shirt with "Mendoza" written in crayon across it.

I say this as, as yet, I have not been invited to join the opening night shindig despite waiting by my letterbox every afternoon when my post arrives these days

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brett is a great bloke. He is a real asset to the REMF, hence him being appointed Vice Chairman and REMF 14 raised £ 13270 this year which is the highest ever after REMF 1 and a large part of this is due to Brett. The bloke is a LEGEND. I am sure this new venture for him will be a great success and he deserves it

BHAFC_SWC

honorary pierced weirdo
Feb 26, 2013
West Sussex
HINEY_MENDOZA.jpg

ynyy

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, very much so. A nicer guy you could not ever wish to meet. We all give him a bit of a ribbing about the media whoring but it is very tongue in cheek, he does a huge amount of charity work including REMF.

Very much this

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brett is a great bloke. He is a real asset to the REMF, hence him being appointed Vice Chairman and REMF 14 raised £ 13270 this year which is the highest ever after REMF 1 and a large part of this is due to Brett. The bloke is a LEGEND. I am sure this new venture for him will be a great success and he deserves it

Attending the festival in Stanmer Park until something like 2am, getting home, sleeping for a couple of hours, then meeting a few of us to cycle up to Selhurst at 05.30am is the stuff of legend in my book! I remember looking back it him after we'd cycled past Tulley's Farm, and I don't think I'd ever seen anyone looking more likely to be sick while riding their bike before - except for you of course a few hours later! :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Attending the festival in Stanmer Park until something like 2am, getting home, sleeping for a couple of hours, then meeting a few of us to cycle up to Selhurst at 05.30am is the stuff of legend in my book! I remember looking back it him after we'd cycled past Tulley's Farm, and I don't think I'd ever seen anyone looking more likely to be sick while riding their bike before - except for you of course a few hours later! :lolol:

It is Miracle I made it

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
How do I get dragged into this and for the record have never to my knowledge insulted any poster or perhaps so but in retaliation.
You are always retaliating BG. That's because we all think you are a nause.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is Miracle I made it

You did well. Do you remember that hill out of Croydon? You'd waited all that time for us from the Amex (that was Brett's fault for being so slow...) then you're left with those huge hills! I don't know who organised the route, but there must have been a flatter way!?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You did well. Do you remember that hill out of Croydon? You'd waited all that time for us from the Amex (that was Brett's fault for being so slow...) then you're left with those huge hills! I don't know who organised the route, but there must have been a flatter way!?

That route was an absolute pisstake. 3500 feet of climb, 10 miles of constant Hill coming out of Croydon. Having done no Hill training it was, er, tough but I did not know Croydon was in the middle of a mountain range. We need to plan soon for this year as 4 months left

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
So many good Pubs in Lincoln ,must visit next season.

Are there? I've only often found the chain pubs to be okay-ish, many others are rather scary. Went into the Chamber of Commerce (I think that's the name) by the crossing on the high street. There was 4 people, all sat apart from one another and starred straight at me and my friend who after a single pint we left to go to walkabout further up the high street.

Magna Carta's good though, really like that place.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Are there? I've only often found the chain pubs to be okay-ish, many others are rather scary. Went into the Chamber of Commerce (I think that's the name) by the crossing on the high street. There was 4 people, all sat apart from one another and starred straight at me and my friend who after a single pint we left to go to walkabout further up the high street.

Magna Carta's good though, really like that place.

The Tynemill pub by the castle was excellent - called the Victoria I think. Used to enjoy Albion trips there. The last one had Norman Lamont on a pub crawl with a blonde.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here