Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hanging. doors

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks, you have answered my question then, someone not actually 'on the tools' advising how long a job will take:thumbsup:

Maybe not a qualified chippy but having a good idea on how long things take. I'm an engineer by trade, I have though built a few extensions, renovated a number of houses and I'm certainly not a pen pusher office type. Hanging internal doors is not exactly hard. The last time I replaced all the doors we had 20 to do. It took one chippy three days.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Maybe not a qualified chippy but having a good idea on how long things take. I'm an engineer by trade, I have though built a few extensions, renovated a number of houses and I'm certainly not a pen pusher office type. Hanging internal doors is not exactly hard. The last time I replaced all the doors we had 20 to do. It took one chippy three days.

thought I was quick????

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
thought I was quick????

He did work 12 hour days mind. And I had removed the old doors but my point is someone posted two days which is incredible. Even allowing for the umpteen phone calls/coffees/chatting the mrs up etc it should only take a day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Piltdown Man Couldnt you get Calde to do it , as he does most things well in your eyes.:D :

You need to get a handle on reality, you're unhinged BG, that's plane stupid. You latch on to these things without any thought knot that you wood care.

In a few years time he might chisel his way in to a new trade, as they say when one door shuts another opens.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It took a chippie three quarters of a day to hang 6 doors in my house. Unless some idiot has painted over the current hinges then I'd suggest a day maximum and labour should be around £200 a day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You need to get a handle on reality, you're unhinged BG, that's plane stupid. You latch on to these things without any thought knot that you wood care.

In a few years time he might chisel his way in to a new trade, as they say when one door shuts another opens.

Thats not a bad effort for Sunday before 12 noon opening.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here