Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] SUSSEX V WORCESTERSHIRE LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 19-04-15 Hove 11am

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
One good thing is that they are now serving 6 different Sussex Ales this year (for County games). No more crappy Greene King beers. At least you can numb the pain with a few beers.

So they are now running 6 Harvey's pumps ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The first session this morning is key now. We must get the best from our top order for a change, as the batting IS weaker than usual (in spite of Machan's ton first time up), and we don't want to leave Worcester chasing less than 275 or so.

The forecast for today is continued cleare skies and sun, but more cloud is forecast tomorrow, so a better day to bowl perhaps.

One good thing is that they are now serving 6 different Sussex Ales this year (for County games). No more crappy Greene King beers. At least you can numb the pain with a few beers.

Wish I'd seen this earlier this morning, would have made an effort to get there for the start.

I've a second members ticket if anyone want's a free day out today; I should be at the ground around 12ish so pm me before 10.45 if interested.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Poor finish by the Sussex bowlers 162 for the last 4 wickets.

Just missing that type of spinner that can remove a tail - although Wells is taking wickets as a part timer, hopefully he can start getting some part time runs today as well

6 Guest ales around the ground including Harvey's (its too soften the money making Heineken deal that will sell shed loads at the 20.20 games)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wells will be being picked for his bowling at this rate - he's had a terrible start to the season

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wells will be being picked for his bowling at this rate - he's had a terrible start to the season
That isn't the worst suggestion I've ever heard. Perhaps a little stint at 7 until the pitches start drying out might just help him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just 43 runs ahead. :nono:

But a "victory" of sorts - innings defeat now averted thanks to some plucky bat swinging by our tail (batsmen 2 to 11) to entertain the Hove crowd.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
We seem aright about getting in and seeing of the new ball - its that bit in the middle where players don't kick on after the head work or get out trying to score too quickly.

Lets see if Machan and Joyce can actually build an innings late into the afternoon

Joyce 50 :thumbsup:

100 up 90 partnership

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Shocking start to the season. Will the despair EVER end? A declaration might be worth a try - draw a line underneath things a bit, reclaim some dignity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here