Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Greyhound saying his goodbyes on Instagram?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That Mirror article seems pretty positive. I've trawled through several articles (newspapers, BBC, Sky Sports, even the PL handbook) and I can't find anything that contradicts it. Have you got a source?

As for finalising the squad list, isn't that just internally? For instance, as we have one too many non HGPs we might leave Suttner off the list. If Schelotto than leaves to return to his old club, presumably we could then add Suttner as our 17th non HGP before the squad is finalised on 31st.August. That is different to bringing someone in.

Chapter and verse..............anybody?
Tge mirror itself yesterday did an article on West Ham not attempting to try to sign free agent Yaya Toure - as if it were an actual possibility.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/yaya-toure-west-ham-manuel-13091639

Why do the article at all if it wasn't possible anyway ?

The mirror needs to get its story straight on this.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tge mirror itself yesterday did an article on West Ham not attempting to try to sign free agent Yaya Toure - as if it were an actual possibility.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/yaya-toure-west-ham-manuel-13091639

The mirror needs to get it's story straight on this.

"For the moment"......until January, perhaps? Bit of a non article for me; maybe the reporter just asked a silly question/put forward a silly speculation and Pellegrini couldn't be bothered to explain - I'm more convinced by the earlier article.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"For the moment"......until January, perhaps? Bit of a non article for me; maybe the reporter just asked a silly question/put forward a silly speculation and Pellegrini couldn't be bothered to explain - I'm more convinced by the earlier article.
Yes, Who knows. The mirror itself seems totally confused and inconsistent on the matter.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I must have misunderstood it as I thought that if you only named 24 in your squad you could name that signing as the 25th and play him.

Its been covered many, many times on here. Most people I would forgive them not reading every thread, but I rather guess that you do.

Anyway, no, you can't sign free agents and then name them in your squad. Last season you could do that, although as West Ham found with Patrice Evra, the quality of available free agents was very poor. Certainly we wouldn't find someone with the quality of Schelotto or Suttner on the free agent market.

As to this specific tweet, I am surprised we would let Schelotto go with Bruno being injured, but I suppose they are confident of Bernardo and/or Balogun covering there.

I just really really liked El Galgo :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well we know Bruno isn't playing on Sunday now, so if Schelotto isn't in the squad, he's presumably off......................

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Its been covered many, many times on here. Most people I would forgive them not reading every thread, but I rather guess that you do.

Anyway, no, you can't sign free agents and then name them in your squad. Last season you could do that, although as West Ham found with Patrice Evra, the quality of available free agents was very poor. Certainly we wouldn't find someone with the quality of Schelotto or Suttner on the free agent market.

As to this specific tweet, I am surprised we would let Schelotto go with Bruno being injured, but I suppose they are confident of Bernardo and/or Balogun covering there.

I just really really liked El Galgo :(

Martin Montoya.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
FWIW, the Albion shared a video on Instagram a little earlier and Schelotto could clearly be seen training with the first team.
Could be going, could be staying...who knows?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The mirror needs to get its story straight on this.
The author of this article disagrees with the other mirror scribe.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-transfer-window-when-will-it-close/

"Normal rules apply with free agents who can be signed after the close of the transfer window. However, the player would have to have been out of contract before the close of the Premier League window."

So there you have it. Disagreement and confusion.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Says Schelotto is definitely not in the 25. Had a busy week. Is that confirmed?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't like the idea of a 23 man squad if both Hemed and Schelotto go.

Or does Towell now get a number ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

It’s been rumoured given Montoya signing and some of his social media and well on NSC but That’s the first time the Argus have come out and reported it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The author of this article disagrees with the other mirror scribe.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-transfer-window-when-will-it-close/

"Normal rules apply with free agents who can be signed after the close of the transfer window. However, the player would have to have been out of contract before the close of the Premier League window."

So there you have it. Disagreement and confusion.

The who free agent and if we are allowed to sign one or not will be pretty much a moot point for us anyway.

The rule only allowed for a free agent to be signed and added to the squad if the club had no-one else who was eligible to be named on their books.

We have a vacancy for a HGP in the squad but we have Ben Barclay on our books who is eligible to be named in the squad, so unless he is loaned out we wouldn't be able to sign a HGP free agent. If Schelotto and Hemed are both loaned out, or sold, then we still have Soufyan Ahannach and Richie Towell who are eligible to be named in the squad thus meaning no space for an overseas free agent. So we've got to move quite a few players out to have any chance of signing a free agent.

First time someone has actually reported it, but his social media would imply he had been. We know that Hemed travelled to Watford with the squad so it makes sense he's currently part of the 25. That only leaves Schelotto or Suttner who could have been left out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The who free agent and if we are allowed to sign one or not will be pretty much a moot point for us anyway.

The rule only allowed for a free agent to be signed and added to the squad if the club had no-one else who was eligible to be named on their books.

We have a vacancy for a HGP in the squad but we have Ben Barclay on our books who is eligible to be named in the squad, so unless he is loaned out we wouldn't be able to sign a HGP free agent. If Schelotto and Hemed are both loaned out, or sold, then we still have Soufyan Ahannach and Richie Towell who are eligible to be named in the squad thus meaning no space for an overseas free agent. So we've got to move quite a few players out to have any chance of signing a free agent.
*waits for Ahannach to be loaned to UnionSG to recover*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here