Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Selhurst showdown!!

Jan 30, 2008
Once our players walk out into that menacing, incredibly frightening atmosphere. Our players will shrink into their shells and wish they were injured or suspended. The look of fear on their faces and in their pants will be there for all to see.
Some of them will be psychologically scarred for life and have to retire to become teachers or milk men. The others will end up in the lower leagues of Belgium and Portugal where they play to a friendly 3,000 crowd every week.
It's the end, the end i tell you.

#prayforbrighton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lxsw7fbV6M:drama:
regards
DR

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s all on Palace to even up the head to heads this season with a win. Even that will be bragging rights to us given how much their overpaid players cost. Fully expecting a defeat as they have their one player back, but onus all on them.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd be astonished if they didn't try.

I hope they do. Our team really do need to be up for this game. A few spotty youths throwing their empty Shandy Bass tins at the coach might just fire them up a bit.

A points deduction would be funnier than that sad missile video posted by [MENTION=13504]miffy6[/MENTION].

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
You haven’t won an away game since November

Easy 3 points this one.

You should win. You should have won a lot more than you have done this year. You should have 16.76 more points than you currently have. You should be 9th.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

What has gone so wrong? Has it been resolved? Are you worried? Are you bothered that even if you do get your expected easy 3 points, that you'll still be below us relegation favourites having played one more?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
You should win. You should have won a lot more than you have done this year. You should have 16.76 more points than you currently have. You should be 9th.

https://understat.com/league/EPL

What has gone so wrong? Has it been resolved? Are you worried? Are you bothered that even if you do get your expected easy 3 points, that you'll still be below us relegation favourites having played one more?

I think its pretty well documented what has gone wrong.. most of it our own doing and the horrific injuries of course. Considering the start we had many Palace fans would have taken us being in the position we are now if it were offered to us. However if we beat you, you then go on your terrible run of games so not too sure your lofty position ahead of us is set in stone. But yes fully expect to beat you comfortably.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Just discussing with palace colleague who from our squad would get in their team.... thoughts?

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Just discussing with palace colleague who from our squad would get in their team.... thoughts?
Which Palace players would get in our first team? After all they've spent the answer is not many...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But yes fully expect to beat you comfortably.

I like your positive attitude. The evidence of our other encounters this season would suggest that the game is more likely to be a close, nervy, low scoring affair with little attacking quality and defences generally having the upper hand. We could both do with a point, we haven't won away since November and your only home win of this year was a 1-0 against Burnley back in January. If pushed for a prediction, I would say that a draw looks very likely to me. One of us could sneak it by a single goal, but I'm guessing that, whatever the final result, it won't be a classic where football is the winner.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Which Palace players would get in our first team? After all they've spent the answer is not many...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Zaha - but I wouldn't want the cheating scumbag

Van Aanholt - the only Palace player who looks as if he is really trying. Quick and quite skillfull. Doesn't really fit the Palace mould at all!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
TBH I would only take

Dunk (hes warming on me)
Gross
Murray (maybe, but only this season)
Any goal keeper

Both our centre backs are more consistent than any of yours, so you ought to want them.
Gross, whilst he's terrific, you probably don't need (if we are looking at your first choice XI). He'd be competing for RLC's place, and he's pretty good.
Murray over Benteke, yes. Which is ridiculous really!
Any keeper, is a given! Hennessey is awful.
If we're talking about the here and now (rather than potential, etc) you'd take Schelotto over the promising Wan-Bassaka for sure.
CM, the Serbian lad looks excellent, but who is playing next to him? If they're better than Davy Propper I'd be astonished.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Both our centre backs are more consistent than any of yours, so you ought to want them.
Gross, whilst he's terrific, you probably don't need (if we are looking at your first choice XI). He'd be competing for RLC's place, and he's pretty good.
Murray over Benteke, yes. Which is ridiculous really!
Any keeper, is a given! Hennessey is awful.
If we're talking about the here and now (rather than potential, etc) you'd take Schelotto over the promising Wan-Bassaka for sure.
CM, the Serbian lad looks excellent, but who is playing next to him? If they're better than Davy Propper I'd be astonished.

The centre back thing isn’t true. Tomkins has been superb this season, will go close for POTY. Definetley would not swap out our new young rightback. Proper was an oversight in fairness. Have been impressed by him, although different types there’s an argument for swapping him out for Cabaye.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here