Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was just gonna post how unfair it seems you getting the lowest kudos total for today, but then I thought bollox to that.
Not quite, Phil needs some kudos love chaps.
I think he enjoyed the trip round and i was pleased to let others see what a pain in the arse my cycling buddies are. :lol:

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Cycled from the downs above Steyning to Chanctonbury ring and cut back on the top horseshoe then onto the lower with my daughter and wife and rid down to some pub near the mini roundabout in Steyning.

Wish all trials were like the lower horseshoe with a few jumps involved as it would be great. Mountain biking is the best :smile:

[yt]KYJCorumXfM[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh I've just remembered a conversation, [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION], that for some reason got cut off.

I wouldn't get too hung up on riding an aluminium frame.
Sure when carbon was first available to the mass market it was the doggies dangles, although that was mainly due to it being lighter.
Since then though it's not like the aluminium market has stagnated.
I'd be very surprised if my old carbon frames betters your new alley frame, on any level.

That obviously wouldn't be the case further up the pricing scale, but down our end of the market I'd rate frame material a long way below accessories, groupset etc, and wheels, when speccing a new bike.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Cycled from the downs above Steyning to Chanctonbury ring and cut back on the top horseshoe then onto the lower with my daughter and wife and rid down to some pub near the mini roundabout in Steyning.

Wish all trials were like the lower horseshoe with a few jumps involved as it would be great. Mountain biking is the best :smile:

[yt]KYJCorumXfM[/yt]

I'd still rather to be on my Enduro or Downhill bike rather than my road bike, any day of the week, as long as the chair lifts are open. Cycling up hill off road sucks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New wheel required, wheel had a crease in the side wall. :( I'm not going on that bridge again.
Oh that sucks, what are you going to do?

Making an odd pair with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]'s wheel issues might not be the stupidest idea to get you both riding straight away, without spending any cash.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Oh that sucks, what are you going to do?

Making an odd pair with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION]'s wheel issues might not be the stupidest idea to get you both riding straight away, without spending any cash.

New wheel on order, 2 weeks worst case. Got a loan of a wheel from my mate till then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New wheel on order, 2 weeks worst case. Got a loan of a wheel from my mate till then.

Cool, have you just gone for a like for like replacement?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah think I'm gonna fit a mountain bike tyre on it this time. :) that'll stop me falling through the gap.
Somehow I doubt you'll be making that manoeuvre again.

I bet you're still having a better day than me.
So far it's consisted of an ever decreasing spiral of:-

eating - looking out the window - sulking.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Somehow I doubt you'll be making that manoeuvre again.

I bet you're still having a better day than me.
So far it's consisted of an ever decreasing spiral of:-

eating - looking out the window - sulking.

That was me yesterday. Still trying to fathom how it happened. He ho. Back to work for me tonight. Looks like it'll be ok later to get out, so don't eat to much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is fantastic value.

I've been eyeing those wheels up as I love the idea of being able to buy local without paying a ton more for them.
I do love my new wheels, they get great reviews too.

They're not physically 'made' locally, halfway down this section:-
http://www.huntbikewheels.com/pages/hand-built-performance-bike-wheels-tubeless-ready

but all points of contact have been with Josh Ibbett - from up the road, in Partridge Green.

I jumped their waiting time by paying in full and crying a lot, getting my wheels a month early.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Picked up the Official "Le Tour" Souvenir Pack at lunchtime today - cost £10 but well worth it with all the articles, maps, schedules, book and glossy photo prints included.
Now going to spend the next few weeks swotting up so I don't come in the bottom 3 of the Fantasy League....again!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Picked up the Official "Le Tour" Souvenir Pack at lunchtime today - cost £10 but well worth it with all the articles, maps, schedules, book and glossy photo prints included.
Now going to spend the next few weeks swotting up so I don't come in the bottom 3 of the Fantasy League....again!

Thinking about taking the third week off work to maximise the TdF experience. Ride in the morning, watch in the afternoon!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thinking about taking the third week off work to maximise the TdF experience. Ride in the morning, watch in the afternoon!
You ought to (I guess we all could) do what ... I'm gonna say [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]... did a few years ago.

Ride a mini tour.
Each day ride a set percentage of that days tour route/elevation etc over the 3 weeks.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You ought to (I guess we all could) do what ... I'm gonna say [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]... did a few years ago.

Ride a mini tour.
Each day ride a set percentage of that days tour route/elevation etc over the 3 weeks.

Hmmm, like that idea!

I've just had a quick scan of the route, think taking off from Bastile Day/a Mont Ventoux finish on the second Thursday will be necessary; certain/potential fireworks that day...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Ride a mini tour.

Yep, I did that. For the first ten days or so. Did 20% or so of each stage, except for time trials where I rode the full distance. I tried to make the ride similar to what they were doing. Obviously excepting the fact that Sussex does not have many Mont Ventoux's. Might try and do it again this year actually, my riding mojo is at it's highest for quite some time, so i have the miles in the legs to do it.

Didn't take any time off for it though, as I mostly work evenings so can easily schedule my work load to start post each days stage.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Beautiful.

If anyone's train was delayed from 2.20 pm from Brighton along the coast then it was my fault as had a massive altercation with thieves who stole my bike and caught them boarding the shoreham train.

[yt]9svucsDEAMg[/yt]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here