Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sleeve sponsorship

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are there any others that aren't all that bothered by this?

It's a reality of the modern game, sponsors are going to want to throw cash at us for at least a season, we'd be daft not to take it (despite it being a little unsightly).

Its a generational thing. My teenage boys think that shirts WITHOUT sponsor logos on look rubbish.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
[MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] & I are happy to sponsor the bit of the sleeve that the players wipe their noses on :moo:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Its a generational thing. My teenage boys think that shirts WITHOUT sponsor logos on look rubbish.
Really? I'm only (only?) 29 and that seems a very odd way to look at it, I was rather miffed when Barca started displaying a sponsor (even if it was Unicef), plain shirts are something special.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really? I'm only (only?) 29 and that seems a very odd way to look at it, I was rather miffed when Barca started displaying a sponsor (even if it was Unicef), plain shirts are something special.

WE OLD people remember 'proper' kits with no need for logos, bar the club badge. For them, they've only really known 'proper' teams to have sponsors of the front of their kit. Without a logo they think a football shirt looks like a Sunday League team's shirt.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I personally couldn't give too hoots who or how many advertisers are on the shirt. It's very secondary to the shirt design really.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
WE OLD people remember 'proper' kits with no need for logos, bar the club badge. For them, they've only really known 'proper' teams to have sponsors of the front of their kit. Without a logo they think a football shirt looks like a Sunday League team's shirt.
I guess that puts me in the middle ground then, I've always known there to be a sponsor and badge on the front but anything other than that (on backs of shirts/on shorts) I think of as the 'continental' approach.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
WE OLD people remember 'proper' kits with no need for logos, bar the club badge.

And none of this fancy light weight material that doesn't stick to you in the rain, and does all other sorts of wonderful stuff. Bring back the heavy duty cotton that added about 3lbs to your weight in the rain.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Reminds me of this article from the other week where the Brazilian side had supermarket prices and products around the players numbers!!

b6d886005562a66850e329421133bbfe.jpg

Link to story

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...hirt-numbers-supermarket-prices-a7671991.html

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here