Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 200,000 signatures want the Colombia V England game replayed....lol

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nearly at 300,000 now :lol:
https://www.change.org/p/fifacom-re...recruiter=887473479&utm_source=share_petition

My name is Juan Diego García, Colombian and law student at the Catholic University of Colombia.

I want to denounce in front of FIFA and with the support of all my Colombian compatriots, the match of the round of 16 between Colombia and England.

In the course of the eighth-round match played on July 3, 2018, between Colombia and England, for a place in the quarterfinals of the 2018 World Cup Russia, there were two controversial moves that were NOT submitted to review by the Video Assistant Referee '' VAR '' which, had an enormous impact on the development and final result of the game. These punctual plays were:

1) Penalty in favor of England, for a nonexistent foul and which was evidently judged wrongly by FIFA referee Mark Geiger.

2) Carlos Bacca's legitimate goal, in a play where the referee wrongly judged that there was illegitimacy when considering that when the goal was produced, there were two balls inside the pitch, which the television cameras proved, was NOT CORRECTLY COURT.

It is in these two plays, where the criterion of the referee, directs the course of the game in favor of the English team, having no reason in either.

FIFA is requested to review these two actions, in order to set a precedent for fair play, where good play prevails, legality and guarantees for participating teams.

I particularly like this signature's reasoning:

Referee was biased. English team was very aggressive and were constantly provoking Columbian players.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Makes me laugh - it's the WORLD CUP - the WORLD was watching - we ALL saw what actually happened in that game.

The Columbia team and management - embarrassment to the sport. The 200k - deluded/thick/blinkered, i could go on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1) Penalty in favor of England, for a nonexistent foul and which was evidently judged wrongly by FIFA referee Mark Geiger.

2) Carlos Bacca's legitimate goal, in a play where the referee wrongly judged that there was illegitimacy when considering that when the goal was produced, there were two balls inside the pitch, which the television cameras proved, was NOT CORRECTLY COURT.

haha. Brilliant. I hadn't actually seen the text of the petition to see precisely what they thought had been called incorrectly.

I'd guessed that they were disputing the penalty (ignoring that the lad pretty much tried to MOUNT Kane), but Bacca's 'goal', knocked past a stationary keeper, ten seconds after the ref had stopped play, because the lino was distracted, stopping a second ball thrown on?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Makes me laugh - it's the WORLD CUP - the WORLD was watching - we ALL saw what actually happened in that game.

The Columbia team and management - embarrassment to the sport. The 200k - deluded/thick/blinkered, i could go on.

Coerced, threatened etc.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Utterly pathetic whining from the Colombians after this game. Regardless of tomorrow's result I am so glad we DUMPED those cheating gits out of the tournament.

If they want to moan about anyone they should have a go at the manager who sent his team out to not play football but just spoil.

I very much doubt the Sweden game will be pretty but at least the Swedes will play football and not playact for 120 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who knew there were 200,000 Colombians with Scouseland heritage?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Embarrassing from these Colombians.

The "goal" was about 10 seconds after everyone had very clearly stopped playing. And to call that not a penalty is saying the sky is green.

Childish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Utterly pathetic whining from the Colombians after this game. Regardless of tomorrow's result I am so glad we DUMPED those cheating gits out of the tournament.

If they want to moan about anyone they should have a go at the manager who sent his team out to not play football but just spoil.

I very much doubt the Sweden game will be pretty but at least the Swedes will play football and not playact for 120 minutes.

My French friends thought it was fair. The rest of the world is laughing at Colombia.

Who knew there were 200,000 Colombians with Scouseland heritage?

Harsh on Scousers.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You'd think they'd have a bit more to worry about - like wondering how 40,000 of them can afford to go to the world cup whilst the majority of the nation resides in abject poverty. How many signatures has the objection to this utterly obscene distribution of income managed to gather?

What an embarrassing tin-pot nation of lying cheating whingers.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You'd think they'd have a bit more to worry about - like wondering how 40,000 of them can afford to go to the world cup whilst the majority of the nation resides in abject poverty. How many signatures has the objection to this utterly obscene distribution of income managed to gather?

What an embarrassing tin-pot nation of lying cheating whingers.
I think the theory that most of the signatories are Scottish is probably correct though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
To be fair, I believe Stones also dragged his studs across the scalp of a Colombiabn player on the ground at one point, but that doesn't in any way excuse the constant cheating, and physical intimidation towards the English team. If the referee had had a firmer grip they woul dhave been down a couple of players by the end. The shame is, when they started playing at the start of extra time they were much more impressive.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
To be fair, I believe Stones also dragged his studs across the scalp of a Colombiabn player on the ground at one point, but that doesn't in any way excuse the constant cheating, and physical intimidation towards the English team. If the referee had had a firmer grip they woul dhave been down a couple of players by the end. The shame is, when they started playing at the start of extra time they were much more impressive.

Does this coincide with the time they realised that we weren't going to buckle under the constant cheating and intimidation, and that they might have to actually play football to win the game?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Does this coincide with the time they realised that we weren't going to buckle under the constant cheating and intimidation, and that they might have to actually play football to win the game?

Very likely, I wasn't trying to make an excuse I was just stating it was a shame they hadn't tried it from the start (for them and their fans anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here