Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits 2018/19

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yes you are. You don't have to buy it.

fair enough, and I don't. I have my Albion shirt which I wear, but its my Niece who I feel sorry for who has an 8 year old Brighton fanatic son who wants all the kits, home, away, third, alternate. These kits aren't cheap, and every year there is a change to one ,two or even all 3. That's a lot of money to keep her son in the kit he is very proud to wear!

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
fair enough, and I don't. I have my Albion shirt which I wear, but its my Niece who I feel sorry for who has an 8 year old Brighton fanatic son who wants all the kits, home, away, third, alternate. These kits aren't cheap, and every year there is a change to one ,two or even all 3. That's a lot of money to keep her son in the kit he is very proud to wear!

Why cant he get a job ???
Regards
DR

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

There are usually two changes. This year's away kit will be next season's third.

But, yes, they should ALL be on a two-year cycle, really.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The Palace kits look like something you would see on the grid of a domestic championship touring cars series, on the no hope team mechanics shirts with a name like Power King Team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Hmmm...well I want a couple of long-haul holidays a year, a DB9, and a threesome with Mylene Klass and Fiona Bruce. Sadly though, I just don't have the money (Fiona was particularly unrealistic and inflexible in her demands, I felt).

Said 8 year old perhaps needs to learn that sometimes in life CHOICES have to be made, and that you can't always have everything. Its only teaching him presumption and a sense of entitlement. Let him pick his favourite kit, and maybe a second one later in the season, if he's good.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This, from Gillingham, is absolute VILLAGE.

Medway-Council-Gillingham-New-Shirt-2018-19-Sponsor-624x497.jpg

Indeed, the same colours, and not unlike the current kit, of Cowfold, who play on the VILLAGE green!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I'll grudgingly concede that the Palace away kit has a certain appeal and I imagine most of their fans will be very happy with it.

The home kit is almost as bad as this year's, however. I think red and blue together CAN look good if the tones and design are right, but it's not been achieved here, and the garish yellow trim just adds to the general feeling of migraine.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll grudgingly concede that the Palace away kit has a certain appeal and I imagine most of their fans will be very happy with it.

The home kit is almost as bad as this year's, however. I think red and blue together CAN look good if the tones and design are right, but it's not been achieved here, and the garish yellow trim just adds to the general feeling of migraine.

The away kit is Thunderbirds. The home kit is the usual nauseous gaudy vile vomit-inducing red and blue jesters combo, with an enormous splash of mandarin writing stuck smack in the middle. CPFC2010 truly is the club that taste forgot. I know they're our hated rivals etc, but even if they weren't, I honestly cannot think of a WORSE home strip in the entire League. Not a one.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Hmmm...well I want a couple of long-haul holidays a year, a DB9, and a threesome with Mylene Klass and Fiona Bruce. Sadly though, I just don't have the money (Fiona was particularly unrealistic and inflexible in her demands, I felt).

Said 8 year old perhaps needs to learn that sometimes in life CHOICES have to be made, and that you can't always have everything. Its only teaching him presumption and a sense of entitlement. Let him pick his favourite kit, and maybe a second one later in the season, if he's good.

I will be sure to pass on your parenting tips to my niece, as she obviously has no idea how to bring up her child, it was so kind of you to help in this way, as I am sure she had no clue about not pandering to his every want. I on the other hand do understand that children can not have everything they want, (or adults for that matter-even if the choice of 3ways with newsreaders and singers is somewhat suspect!) I still however think the constant turn over in Kit is nothing more than a cynical money grab in an industry which is forcing its traditional grass roots supporters out of enjoying through overpriced everything!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will be sure to pass on your parenting tips to my niece, as she obviously has no idea how to bring up her child, it was so kind of you to help in this way, as I am sure she had no clue about not pandering to his every want. I on the other hand do understand that children can not have everything they want, (or adults for that matter-even if the choice of 3ways with newsreaders and singers is somewhat suspect!) I still however think the constant turn over in Kit is nothing more than a cynical money grab in an industry which is forcing its traditional grass roots supporters out of enjoying through overpriced everything!

Just passing on an opinion, not tips or instruction.

It always amazes me, this concept that parents are in some way OBLIGED to make sure that they accede to their offsprings demands to have the very latest kit, brand new, every season. The tabs run the stories every year: "This season, a full new Arsenal kit for a child will force parents to splash out £89.99". No it won't. Not if they already have last years.

I totally agree with you that its a cynical ploy by clubs these days to constantly update and change their various kits each year. But there's a short, simple word that can be used when it comes to the little-uns wanting all 3 kits, up to date, every season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here