Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If you want to be horrified (no exaggeration) read the @lancashiretelegraph article. It makes the Argus comments look like innocent toddlers.

Wow I mean just wow

si4dc522 hrs ago
The player should be grateful he wakes up every day cosseted and pampered in a civilisation that he or his 3rd world sub-Saharan ancestors could never have built.
Last Updated: 1 hr ago

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You’d laugh if it wasn’t so tragic.

We need a huge investment in education, it’s really holding the country back.

This is what freedom of speech in the 21st Century looks like. I'm afraid I find myself becoming more elitist every day when faced with this level of ****wittery. Being an ignorant but opinionated **** is now a national pastime.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How do we police this? Do we ask the FA to do a ground closure or something because we don't like one of ours being booed? The reality is Burnley aren't very nice but they can boo any player they like and it isn't an offence. If they abuse a player in a fashion that makes it obvious that it relates to his race then that's entirely different.

Might I politely suggest you get real?

Why do you think they didn’t like Gaeten?

We can’t ignore the facts here. He was being booed because he reported what he believed to be a racist comment. That can’t be right can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This is what freedom of speech in the 21st Century looks like. I'm afraid I find myself becoming more elitist every day when faced with this level of ****wittery. Being an ignorant but opinionated **** is now a national pastime.
I guess some folk have always been like this, social media has simply given them a platform. The problem is that if you read through enough of this idiocy it gives the impression that we’re actually regressing.

Perhaps we are.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Two questions to those at Selhurst the other week. I got the distinct impression that Bong was being booed right from kick off up there but I had had a few beers.

A). Am I right?
B). Was it for the same reason?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two questions to those at Selhurst the other week. I got the distinct impression that Bong was being booed right from kick off up there but I had had a few beers.

A). Am I right?

Not sure I recall Rodriguez playing for Palace.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]990981169155051520[/tweet]

[tweet]990980476088307713[/tweet]

[tweet]990972124507656193[/tweet]

[tweet]990966786051985408[/tweet]

Sigh.
Not sure which deserves the biggest *facepalm*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Which is the reason I have blocked a small but increasing number of dishonest clowns on here, especially the 'whatabouters' who seem to be on a permanent crusade to get me to not vote labour, not criticise racists, not critcise the conservatives, to admire Trump, and to bend to their will on account of 'whatabout' the 'fact' that (whatever utter claptrap it is they decide to offer as a 'reasoned' rebuttal). There is no need to engage with every clown on the block.

And, to be fair, it seems to be a bit pointless getting outraged by the defence of the battle of Bong by anonymous racists. It is what (some of them) do. I'm surprised they haven't enlisted the assistance of Katie Hopkins: "Disgraceful Bonk's racist anti-white gestures while playing for West Bromwich this weekend' :sick::annoyed:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
si4dc522 hrs ago
The player should be grateful he wakes up every day cosseted and pampered in a civilisation that he or his 3rd world sub-Saharan ancestors could never have built.
Last Updated: 1 hr ago

Having been to Burnley I imagine sub Saharan Africa is an improvement.

They still point at aeroplanes up there.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

A). Am I right?

Not sure I recall Rodriguez playing for Palace.

Admittedly I was only watching on TV, but it definitely sounded as though he received some booing at Palace, and someone else also mentioned it on here a day or two afterwards.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
S
I thought it was common knowledge that Royston Vasey was based on a village not far from Burnley. "Are you local?":)

Tell the truth mate I had a good night with the boys at the town mouse. My best mate from uni lives near Burnley and he’s sick of the shit that your bellends bring to the party.

So there we are, it’s football in the 21st century. We can’t call you subbies & you can’t call us poofs. I wouldn’t mind if you did, but many do. Picking on a black player, however, is just sad.

I think ALL of you know that giving Bong stick made you look like tards. Defending it on NSC is, frankly, hilarious. I dread to think what would happen to me on your boards though.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Statistically there are a significant number of people in Burnley who have racist views. See BNP council seats, for evidence of this.

Statistically quite a number of people in Spain have less than liberal views on race.

Speaking purely statistically, if you grew up in Burnley, in a Spanish family, there is a stronger possibility that you might hold such views, than your average man in the street.

I don't think your insinuations are particularly helpful. In fact they could be construed as xenophobic. Reading the last few pages of this thread it seems there is a bit of a risk of some BHA fans losing the moral high ground. Brighton is not a better place than Burnley or Spain and statistics should not be used to conclude anything about any individual and that includes Jay Rodriguez.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
S

Tell the truth mate I had a good night with the boys at the town mouse. My best mate from uni lives near Burnley and he’s sick of the shit that your bellends bring to the party.

So there we are, it’s football in the 21st century. We can’t call you subbies & you can’t call us poofs. I wouldn’t mind if you did, but many do. Picking on a black player, however, is just sad.

I think ALL of you know that giving Bong stick made you look like tards. Defending it on NSC is, frankly, hilarious. I dread to think what would happen to me on your boards though.

Not guilty. My last trip to Turf Moor was last January for an FA Cup match against Bristol City.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lesson no.1.

Never read comments on controversial subjects on Twatter, BBC, Argus, even the broadsheets. Unless you're thick skinned or can see the ludicrousness of it all.

They attract the dregs of society, the haters, the trolls, the bigoted. Not necessary right wing, it can also be the opposite end of the spectrum. People who wish violent ill of distant others, entire races, all the people of a city.

The comments give a completely false impression of a spiteful, miserable world.

Some years ago I was at an lunch event in Brighton where the guest speaker was an inspirational polar explorer, an inherently positive person. He explained how he'd altered his website from one where comments could be left, to a 1-way blog, to cut out the pointless haters.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
By the looks of things on this thread, even if Jay Rodriguez had pulled out a gun, shot Bong in the head and then shat all over his face. Burnley fans would still manage to somehow defend 'their own' with excuses like self defence, Bong was threatening to kill him, Brighton fans were sing Nazi songs, Rodriguez is a nice chap who'd never intentionally do that etc

This is a lost cause. Burnley fans on here are basically trying to win an argument by failing to actually see what the argument is.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here