Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Record Store Day 2018

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Nice collection
Went to Resident, Brighton this afternoon, still a big queue but got Pink Floyd ‘The Piper at the gates of dawn’ Bowie’s ‘Now’ and Stooges ‘The Detroit edition’

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Most of them are totally unplayed. ALL of them are in mint condition :)

Quite envious of your day going through them. My collection of vinyl is relatively small in comparison. it would be much bigger but unfortunately I had many records stolen in a burglery some 20 odd years ago.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I queued up to get Sylvian's 'Dead Bees on a Cake' and Hawkwind's 'Dark Materials'.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most of them are totally unplayed. ALL of them are in mint condition :)

A thing of beauty. Also must worth a small fortune!

Like CRF I lost a large part of my collection, not to burglary but because I walked out on an ex with just a bag of clothes and about 10 CDs many years ago. Had started collecting when I was about 12 so fourteen years of vinyl and CDs. Still irks me, although I replaced a lot of it over the years there was some stuff (white label 12" stuff and Ltd editions) that I could never get back.

Having said that, it was still worth it to get away from the ****. :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A thing of beauty. Also must worth a small fortune!

Like CRF I lost a large part of my collection, not to burglary but because I walked out on an ex with just a bag of clothes and about 10 CDs many years ago. Had started collecting when I was about 12 so fourteen years of vinyl and CDs. Still irks me, although I replaced a lot of it over the years there was some stuff (white label 12" stuff and Ltd editions) that I could never get back.

Having said that, it was still worth it to get away from the ****. :)

A mate I work with split up with his wife acrimoniously several years ago. As an act of revenge she burnt all his belongings in their garden. Included in this was his record collection which included Funeral Pyre by The Jam. Always makes me laugh.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A mate I work with split up with his wife acrimoniously several years ago. As an act of revenge she burnt all his belongings in their garden. Included in this was his record collection which included Funeral Pyre by The Jam. Always makes me laugh.

Harsh! I remember hearing about someone who was burgled, including losing their entire record collection. All they left was a copy of Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose. A pretty sick joke but funny nonetheless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here