Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the FLAIREST of them all? 2018- nominations thread

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Francisco Sandaza - Currently playing for Qingdao Huanghai in China, absolutely zero pace and waddled his way through games looking just about interested when the ball came into the box.

Put us top with a 1 yard strike after some goalmouth pinball, and celebrated wildly with the South Stand.

Huge Nose.

Floppy, girly hair with an alice band.

Spanish.

Need I say more?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Toby Agdestein and Carl Wilson-Dennis HAVE to be in the mix, surely?

Edit: So CWD never played for us, but Toby did.

Toby seconded. Should just give him the title now to be honest!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To me, flair and talent are actually two different things. To be truly flair, you need to flatter to deceive at every available opportunity. So players who are actually talented wouldn't be included, IMHO.

Agreed. Sounds like Worthington had too much end product. Consistent end product isn’t flair at all. Totally wasting your ability is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Paddy McCourt doesn’t STROLL this it’s a sick joke.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Francisco Sandaza - Currently playing for Qingdao Huanghai in China, absolutely zero pace and waddled his way through games looking just about interested when the ball came into the box.

Put us top with a 1 yard strike after some goalmouth pinball, and celebrated wildly with the South Stand.

Huge Nose.

Floppy, girly hair with an alice band.

Spanish.

Need I say more?

Gotta second The Horse. The fact that he was totally shit but tore it up in Scotland adds flair too.

I also predicted that goal (Oldham?) saying to my son "that donkey Sandaza's gonna win it in the last minute....... GET IN!!!!!!".

It was pure optimism. He was rubbish.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
No one mentioned the football genius Johnny Crumplin.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I’d like to nominate my boy Federico Turienzo.

He set the bar for “foreign flops”. He came with a bit of fan fare having been highly recommended, he had a YouTube compilation of him BANGING in the goals, he played for us on trial and was utter shit but we signed him anyway, completely ill equipped for English football, played 4 games (we lost them all) before fading into obscurity

Those of us at his debut were excited- he hit the bar and dived to try and win a penalty in a 5 minute period- he did nothing of note outside of those 5 mins

And what a Latino hunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll second this purely because of how different his career was in my Football Manager game of that year. Fired us up to the Premier League scoring over 30 goals, he was immense. Went on to lead the line for us in Europe. Had by far the highest stats of any of our players in the game that year.

Yet in real life, had fewer starts than Chris McPhee.

Oct 25, 2003
the story so far- I will close nominations tonight

In:
Ezequiel Schelloto
Jose Izqueirdo
Paddy McCourt
Baz Savage
Jonny Dixon
Cristian Baz
Alan Biley
Abdul Razak
Kazenga Lualua
Frank Worthington
Vicente
Teddy Maybank
Kurt Nogan
Lorenzo Pinamonte
Alan Duffy
Toby Adgestein
Francisco Sandaza
Federico Turienzo

Needs seconding:
Leon Knight
Rohan Ince
Jake Forster Caskey
Johnny Byrne
Rod Thomas
Gaetan Bong
Mauricio Tarrico
Kemy Agustein
Hans Kraay
David Gonzalez
Colin Kazim-Richards
Sammy Nelson
Jamie Moralee
Peter Suddaby
Don Shanks
Alan Kennedy
Bobby Smith
Shane Duffy
Inigo Calderon
Johnny Crumplin
Graham Mosely

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Peter Smith the Original Schelotto tall gangley, had a poor touch and even less technical ability, however he had dreadlocks and was arguably the flairest player of that other than flair Demon Jeff Minton.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Leon Knight's flair credentials:

- The McGhee incident
- Playoff winning pen
- Size
- Best player he's ever faced is Guy Butters
- The funniest wikipedia list of clubs played for in the world
- Twitter homophobia & misogyny (and selling t shirts with Stockdale)
- His classic 'slumped in a chair' appearance in the Withdean Years
- And best of all, the fact that he came ON HERE and started a binfest.

For all you youngsters: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-too-much-on-this-site-time-to-defend-myself

Sorry, but he is solid gold FLAIR.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
To be honest there's no seeing past Paddy McCourt.

But, I'll also lob in another super-talented, Irishman, with a similar love of a pint or two: GEORGE O'CALLAGHAN

George arrived at Withdean, and just strolled about the pitch, clearly better (but far less interested) than everybody else. He was MILES better than his team-mates, but achieved precisely **** all in his career, outside of Cork City where he is still utterly REVERED.

After his brief loan spell, we tried to sign him but he turned down the 'unrealistic' wages Dick Knight offered (at the same time as the Bas Savage 'tankofpetrolgate' )

After his last club here he ended up playing in ****ing BRUNEI, for a bit, before taking a player-manager role in MALAYSIA, then getting sacked a month later for 'failing to turn up for multiple training sessions'.

Off the field he alledgedly caused a bit of a THING at the Jury's Inn, long before others made the place synonymous with off-the-field THINGS, and has had his moments back home - driving through a red light in Cork at 2:40am on 13 October 2004, and upon his arrest admitted that he had "had seven or eight pints, a few shots and a few cocktails".

#VoteGeorge

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd like to nominate Jiri Skalak. Clear unfulfilled potential, has a cool name, unusual hair and that post-promotion picture surely seals the deal.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I'd like to nominate Jiri Skalak. Clear unfulfilled potential, has a cool name, unusual hair and that post-promotion picture surely seals the deal.

...and a stupid little dog that he dresses as a minion.

SECONDED.

Oct 25, 2003
Yeh George O’Callaghan is one of those who was always in danger of being forgotten but anyone who saw him can’t deny his flair credentials. Absolutely SLATED the club during a post match interview showing absolutely no professionalism whatsoever . On the pitch he was your classic lower league “gifted” midfielder. Strolling round the pitch spraying the passes around, wondering where it all went wrong

I once saw him at that shitty youth hostel bar in Pool valley (st Christopher’s) on a Friday night (yep, we had a game on the Saturday, yep, he played) and he was doing SHOTS

Oct 25, 2003
Good suggestions. Both seconded.

Agree with this. Leon Knight is, for me, potentially the winner of this contest. I'll second/third/fourth him or whatever it takes.

He didn’t do particularly well last time from memory- there were lots of comments like “he was just a twat” and completely missing the point. He’s probably the BIGGEST **** in Albion history and has a list of Off-field shenanigans longer than he is

He should be semi finals AT LEAST

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here